Author Topic: Belgium help please, Van de poel  (Read 1086 times)

Offline decor

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Belgium help please, Van de poel
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 01:51 GMT (UK) »
Yeah, I'm just having a look at the registration of a birth in 1880 for a Josephus Van de Poel, but I can't be 100% sure it's the right person without having a look at the details in the marriage registration for Josephus Van de Poel and Antonia Broekaert. The same goes for the birth registration you found for Antonia/Antoinette, which is 99% probability the right person..but again we can't be 100% sure.

Maybe when more records are released onto the website and we have Farciennes 1901-1910 you'll have the definite proof you need.

I'm going to head to bed now, but will post the information from the 1880 Josephus Van de Poel birth registration in Oevel tomorrow if that's ok.
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Danuella

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 02:03 GMT (UK) »
Ahh, now I've got little "death cards" I think you'd call them amongst all the photos from Nan, and that's how I found Antoinettes birth record, because I had the death card for her mum. Sadly I don't have anything at all for Josephus.
Do you have any idea when those records will be being released at all?
Of course that's absolutely fine, yes please if you don't mind?
Thanks so much again
Danni
Whiting,Josselyn,Hawes,Copping,Van de poel

Offline decor

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 02:35 GMT (UK) »
Ah yes, I know those cards.
Do you need me to look up the details for Antonia/Antoinette's birth registration? Or have you already done that? I have her birth as 10th May 1884 in Schellebelle, is that the correct one?
I'll post the Josephus Van de Poel record tomorrow too.

Offline Danuella

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 10:49 GMT (UK) »
Morning, yes it is the right one. Thankyou but I have all her details. Would you be able to tell me how to bring up the records with all the details please? When I go on BE archives I can search and find the records, but it just gives me the basics, not the fantastic information you've found lol x

Offline decor

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 11:20 GMT (UK) »
So I think at the moment you're using the search function on the people tab, but actually you need to scroll down the homepage and click on Overview of civil status registers. Then you'll see the different provinces and municipalities and you can view the actual registers. I hope that makes sense.

In the meantime, here's the info I promised:

Registration date: 19th July 1880 3pm in Oevel
Father: Adrianus Franciscus Van de Poel, farmer, aged 45, born in Olen, living in Oevel
Mother: Maria Rosalia Verhaegen, aged 35, born in Oevel, 
Child: male, born 19th July 1880 5am, name: Josephus
Witnesses: Ludovicus Josephus Van de Sande, police constable, aged 35
and Joannes Livinus Laers, farmer, aged 42, both residents of Oevel
Signed by: the father and the two witnesses

Here's the link:
https://search.arch.be/nl/zoeken-naar-archieven/zoekresultaat/inventaris/rabscan/eadid/BE-A0511_112303_110914_DUT/inventarisnr/IRS000115206353/level/file/scans-inventarispagina/23/scan-index/441/foto/511_9999_999_1139904_000_0_0441

but you have to look on page 615 of the link.

Offline decor

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 11:33 GMT (UK) »
https://search.arch.be/nl/zoeken-naar-archieven/zoekresultaat/inventaris/rabscan/eadid/BE-A0511_112303_110914_DUT/inventarisnr/IRS000115206353/level/file/scan-index/360/foto/511_9999_999_1139904_000_0_0360 ... on page 449

... the marriage of Adrianus Franciscus Van de Poel and Maria Rosalia Verhaegen ...

Date: 10th July 1874 in Oevel
Groom: Adrianus Franciscus Van de Poel, farmer living in Oevel, born in Olen on the 1st November 1834, legal, unmarried and full age son of Joannes Franciscus Josephus Van de Poel (who died in Oevel on the 18th March 1838 and who was the son of Joannes Baptisa Van de Poel and Theresia Hasendonckx) and Maria Anna Hoes, farmer living in Oevel, present and consenting.
Bride: Maria Rosalia Verhaegen, farmer living and born in Oevel, born on the 23rd November 1846, legal and unmarried daughter of Antonius Franciscus Verhaegen (who died in Oevel on the 1st March 1865 and was the son on Henricus Verhaegen and Maria Elisabeth Bastiaens, both deceased) and Maria Anna Van Outsel, farmer living in Oevel, present and contesting.
Witnesses: Franciscus Verherstraeten, farmer, aged 44
Franciscus Ludovicus Timmermans, joiner, aged 26
Carolus Brumeyers, farrier, aged 49
and Josephus T' Syen (not sure about the surname), municipal secretary, aged 45
all four living in Oevel and not family members of the couple
Signatures: all the witnesses, the bride and her mother signed, the groom and his mother can't write.

Offline decor

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 12:17 GMT (UK) »
Do you have the marriage information for Antonia/Antoinette Broeckaert's parents?

I also remembered that many Belgian records are also viewable on Familysearch.com by the way.

Offline Danuella

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 13:29 GMT (UK) »
Oh wow! Am floored! You ahve saved me hours of trying to trawl through and interpret the records lol. And yes you are right, I was just doing a people search lol.
This  is all so incredible, I can't believe you have discovered all this for me, I am so grateful, thankyou so so much.
No I couldn't find the marriage record of Antoinettes parents.
I've used them before and never managed to find any of my family sadly, well not the Flemish side.
Danni

Offline decor

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 14:10 GMT (UK) »
My pleasure. I'm happy to help you go even further back if you wish.

Here's the information from Antonia's parents' marriage:

Date/location: 18th February 1874, Schellebelle
Groom: Fredericus Broeckaert, weaver, aged 41, born in Schellebelle on the 18th October 1832, living in Schellebelle, of full age, son of Petrus Broeckaert (who died in Schellebelle on the 13th September 1851) and Francisca Van Heddegem (who also died in Schellebelle on the 20th October 1870
Bride: Maria Micom, occupation "bloemwerkster" (I think some kind of needlework), aged 18, born in Wichelen on the 24th June 1855, legally resident in Serlaere (unsure of place name), now living in Schellebelle, formerly living in ? (can't make out the place name), under age daughter of Joannes Baptista Micom (who died in Wichelen on the 19th July 1864) and Eugenia van Boven (who also died in Wichelen on the 14th January 1871)

I found the handwriting difficult to read, so not 100% sure of all of the information. Haven't added the information about witnesses because my eyes were going a bit funny haha