Author Topic: Diary > Tuesday 19th January.  (Read 1374 times)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Tuesday 19th January.
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 21 January 21 00:11 GMT (UK) »
My goodness so much to catch up on here!

Nice to read the news of a new chatterer Chrissie, but not so good when listening to you having to up sticks and away to safety.... glad hear that you and your home are safe but feel for those who aren’t.... you folk in Oz have been through soo much.... hope the baby arrives soon...look forward to the news.

Annette - so pleased to hear that Macy & Darcy are doing well and your sisters been able to see them... almost. Glad your niece has a little helper too ! Hope your ok down your way with this weather... I’ve a cousin who lives in Martlesham Heath....

RTL - my goodness that was a bit fraught having to race for the bus like that... at least the driver saw you and waited allowing you to recover on the bus...
It will be interesting to see over the weeks what shortages there will be in the supermarkets.... not too many hopefully...
Sorry to heat the homeless chap still at the bus station... let’s hope he gets some help soon..

Diana - .... -11C is not my kind of weather unless I’m on a ski slope and it’s crisp snow and clear sky, empty runs and wrapped up warm.... don’t want much do I!...although for all of you are used to those sorts of temps...
Hope your leg stops causing you so much trouble as Roobarb says if the nerve gets trapped or pinched it can be a right §#/§… in the #&/:,,§??? . Our garden at the moment would be nigh on impossible to dig as it’s virtually all clay soil... waiting till spring..

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Tuesday 19th January.
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 21 January 21 09:43 GMT (UK) »
Roobarb, yes I have had those hot cross buns before and they are yummy!  I also like the blueberry ones.  Looking forward to Easter time when they will bring out their range of varieties again.  :)

Yes, it was so kind of the driver to have waited for me.  It was a bit fraught.  I am not a spring chicken anymore and I was literally gulping for breath when I sat down on the bus. Partly thinking 'I can't breathe' and 'don't panic' and also wondering if I should have just let the bus go.

It is dismaying that for whatever reason this rough sleeper seems determined to stay at the bus station.  I really think there will be somewhere for people to go to right now but it really does seem like where he is must feel preferable to him.  It is hard to keep coming across him there either lying or sitting in the pavement.  Goodness knows what is behind him being brought to such a predicament.  :-\
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner