Author Topic: Re: Hart family of Tipperary  (Read 602 times)

Offline maria101

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Hart family of Tipperary
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 27 August 19 05:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks to everyone who has helped me sort out Luke Abraham and combine our family story with the facts. I now am certain that Sarah Hutchison married Edward Hart who died after his son Edward was born, Sarah then married a much older man, John Abraham, Jewish? and Edward Her son became Luke Abraham, as John had a son called Edward. Griffiths Valuation of 1847? and 1853 lists Sarah as Alrahan then as Abraham , both times renting a house from Thomas Hart Esquire in Tinderry. Luke named  his own sons Edward and John, Children not brought up as Catholic.
Luke and his wife Ann Giles left from Wellington a few days after their marriage taking a free passage on Mimi Dike, rushing down to the wharf when Luke took to his heels after a violent fight over a gold nugget  he found on the Jim Crow Goldfield. They eventually settled  on a very isolated farm in Kaikoura and cut off all contact with  family.  Luke was a police assistant on the field and we think he was in the Irish Constabulary in Ireland -he called it "The Force" and said that he was present when "Teddy" Wakefield was arrested after one of his elopements but  dates certainly don't fit and he would have been in serving in England.  Anyway thanks again - Maggsie I have heard mention of a Hart relation who came over here but it would be impossible to find them now.
Geraldine.

Offline jamison

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 28 August 19 21:18 BST (UK) »

All the best with your Hart family research

Jamison

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 28 August 19 21:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks to everyone who has helped me sort out Luke Abraham and combine our family story with the facts. I now am certain that Sarah Hutchison married Edward Hart who died after his son Edward was born, Sarah then married a much older man, John Abraham, Jewish? and Edward Her son became Luke Abraham, as John had a son called Edward. Griffiths Valuation of 1847? and 1853 lists Sarah as Alrahan then as Abraham , both times renting a house from Thomas Hart Esquire in Tinderry. Luke named  his own sons Edward and John, Children not brought up as Catholic.
Luke and his wife Ann Giles left from Wellington a few days after their marriage taking a free passage on Mimi Dike, rushing down to the wharf when Luke took to his heels after a violent fight over a gold nugget  he found on the Jim Crow Goldfield. They eventually settled  on a very isolated farm in Kaikoura and cut off all contact with  family.  Luke was a police assistant on the field and we think he was in the Irish Constabulary in Ireland -he called it "The Force" and said that he was present when "Teddy" Wakefield was arrested after one of his elopements but  dates certainly don't fit and he would have been in serving in England.  Anyway thanks again - Maggsie I have heard mention of a Hart relation who came over here but it would be impossible to find them now.
Geraldine.

Not too many Jewish Abraham families on 1901 Census!  http://www.rootschat.com/links/01o9v/

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 28 August 19 22:12 BST (UK) »
Hi
Just a bit confused - as the thread mixes two Hart families - my original post and another.
I don’t see how one is connected to the other.
Cheers
Jamison

I was wondering that myself... looks like it has been hijacked by someone else looking for someone with same Surname!

Maybe simpler to just try starting a new thread for your Harts??

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline maria101

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 29 August 19 06:34 BST (UK) »
None were a match -interesting that I found no practising Jews -Alrahan or Abraham doesn't appear to signify Jewish heritage -Thanks for the  Census info, found a Mary Hart, servant, Roman Catholic but no connection.
Geraldine.

Offline jamison

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 29 August 19 20:06 BST (UK) »
Hi
Yes, it looks like it has been but as for starting another thread for mine might cause problems for having too many of the same.
Past experiences have proven so...
Cheers
Jamison