Author Topic: 1851 Census for Norfolk  (Read 660 times)

Offline slpowers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1851 Census for Norfolk
« on: Saturday 27 August 05 21:22 BST (UK) »
Hi:

I am looking for the family of David Smith (born abt 1813) of Norfolk.  Other family members are:
Caroline - wife - born abt 1813
Harriett - daughter - born abt 1841
Sarah - daughter - born abt 1846
George - son - born abt 1948
William - son - born abt 1851

Thanks in advance. 

Sharron Powers

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Census for Norfolk
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 August 05 21:35 BST (UK) »
Checked the index and nothing fits as far as I can see.

Have you any more details?

Teddybear
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.

Offline slpowers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 August 05 00:14 BST (UK) »
I have the 1861 census showing the individuals plus two other sons, Robert  born aprox 1855 and Thomas born approx 1857.  The shows the Registration District as West Ham; the Sub District and Parish , Walthamstow and the Ecclesiastical District, St. James.

I also have the 1841 Census showing A David married to Caroline with 3 daughters being Emily, Emma and Harriett aged 1 month.  This census shows its for the parish of Moulton (Molton)

The 2 families seem to be the same and I'm hoping the 1851 census will confirm that fact.

Thanks,

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 28 August 05 19:53 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have checked the 1851 index again and looked at Smiths in Moulton but with no luck.  It is an index mind you, not the original.

I have looked at the index of Norfolk marriages and see that David Smith married Caroline Bunn in Moulton St Mary on 3 February 1835.

It would be worth while you checking the registers and other Parish papers.

Get back to me if you need further help as I do research in Norfolk if you need it.

Best wishes

Teddybear
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.

Offline mantaray

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 29 August 05 07:51 BST (UK) »
Hi I have checked the 1851 Norfolk census and index nothing fits for this family

Regards Ray
Norwich. Cooke,Cadywould.Suffolk. Nobles.Wiltshire Merritt/Merrett
Census information is Crown copyright From www.nationalarchives.gov.uk