Author Topic: Diary > Sunday 24th January  (Read 974 times)

Offline Gone

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Sunday 24th January
« Reply #18 on: Monday 25 January 21 12:53 GMT (UK) »
2 good bits of news so far this morning.
The OH's covid test came back clear, so off to endoscopy tomorrow for the peg removal.
One less thing to clean, flush and dress every day 👍
And just got my covid jab appointment for Wednesday, at the ridiculously early hour of 9.15.
So, they're on the 60 and overs already.
Griff

Very good news, Griff!  Very happy to hear that many in UK are getting their jab. 
My daughter has been living in Scotland off and on (before the pandemic) and can’t wait to go back, but I think future travel will involve proof of vaccination, so it might be a year or more.
I think travel has changed for ever. There must be so many people in limbo at the moment.
And I love Scotland, last time I went I was ballooning in Aviemore, quite spectacular!

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 25 January 21 12:53 GMT (UK) »
Mowsehowse I'm sort of shocked myself to be honest, and I thought they were supposed to be finishing one age group across the county before moving on to the next. Obviously that's not the case.
I also thought it would be a text from whoever was doing it but I got a phone call and it's being done at the local health care centre, and a choice of days.
I could have had it tomorrow but I'll be busy getting the OH to hospital then home again a little later.
Griff

Well, that you got someone to talk to and a choice is also good news.
Real people and a bit of humanity......  Glad to know that still exists.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Gone

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 25 January 21 12:58 GMT (UK) »
[author=mowsehowse link=topic=843367.msg7101137#msg7101137 date=1611579235]
Mowsehowse I'm sort of shocked myself to be honest, and I thought they were supposed to be finishing one age group across the county before moving on to the next. Obviously that's not the case.
I also thought it would be a text from whoever was doing it but I got a phone call and it's being done at the local health care centre, and a choice of days.
I could have had it tomorrow but I'll be busy getting the OH to hospital then home again a little later.
Griff

Well, that you got someone to talk to and a choice is also good news.
Real people and a bit of humanity......  Glad to know that still exists.
[/quote]
Believe me, its rare at this place too, when the pandemic started, the first thing they did was lock the doors and think about it for a few days.

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 25 January 21 14:20 GMT (UK) »
Gosh what a lot many of you have to do each and every day,my life ,alone though I am , is so uncomplicated.
I would love to have company but I know my OH would be very ill had he
 lived.I would have been glad to care for him ,but sorry to see him needing so much care ,he who was so independent .

Well thanks for your news and observations ,ai love to read them all.
Cheerio again.
As my first son used to say when his granny had given him an egg cup full of juice and said” That is the last one”— “ Another  last one  please Glanma”.
Viktoria.

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 25 January 21 21:53 GMT (UK) »
You have probably seen your news.
NZ has a Covid case. A 56-year-old woman caught the South African Strain in isolation at the border. She did everything right. She stayed 14 days and her tests came back negative so was allowed to leave. She turned on her blue tooth and used the covid app. When she felt unwell she got a test and is now self-isolating at home. It only took hours to download and find out where she had been.
14 close contacts have returned a negative test result.
So now panic hits. People waiting up to 6 hrs to get a test. Covid app use has gone up.
At the moment no change in alert levels. So we wait and see what happens.
Stay home Stay Safe.
Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.