Author Topic: Diary > Sunday 24th January  (Read 975 times)

Offline oldfashionedgirl

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Sunday 24th January
« Reply #9 on: Monday 25 January 21 12:06 GMT (UK) »
Isn’t it amazing what a little bit of paper can do  :D
My Mum who’s about to be 80 getting her jag on Friday and this morning OH in mid 70s got his letter to go next week.
The sun is shining beautifully and my mood has gone up several notches  ;D

Chores can wait I going to do something nice today in celebration.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 25 January 21 12:08 GMT (UK) »
Isn’t it amazing what a little bit of paper can do  :D
My Mum who’s about to be 80 getting her jag on Friday and this morning OH in mid 70s got his letter to go next week.
The sun is shining beautifully and my mood has gone up several notches  ;D

Chores can wait I going to do something nice today in celebration.

HURRAH!  :D
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 25 January 21 12:15 GMT (UK) »
Very happy for you, Oldfashionedgirl!  What a relief for you.  England seems to be doing an excellent job with the vaccines.  We seem to have run out already   :-[ .
Roobarb and Mowsehouse, I asked about the expression “too cold for snow” because my (English) mother used to say it a lot, and I didn’t quite understand it then!

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 25 January 21 12:23 GMT (UK) »
Very happy for you, Oldfashionedgirl!  What a relief for you.  England seems to be doing an excellent job with the vaccines.  We seem to have run out already   :-[ .
Roobarb and Mowsehouse, I asked about the expression “too cold for snow” because my (English) mother used to say it a lot, and I didn’t quite understand it then!

..... H, who is a "scientist" suggests that when we have heavy cloud cover the temperature is higher than under very clear skies, so on a very cold sunny day it might be "too cold for snow", not withstanding there isn't a load to be dropped??  :P
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Gone

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 25 January 21 12:31 GMT (UK) »
2 good bits of news so far this morning.
The OH's covid test came back clear, so off to endoscopy tomorrow for the peg removal.
One less thing to clean, flush and dress every day 👍
And just got my covid jab appointment for Wednesday, at the ridiculously early hour of 9.15.
So, they're on the 60 and overs already.
Griff

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 25 January 21 12:32 GMT (UK) »

..... H, who is a "scientist" suggests that when we have heavy cloud cover the temperature is higher than under very clear skies, so on a very cold sunny day it might be "too cold for snow", not withstanding there isn't a load to be dropped??  :P

Hmm...Greek to me!  I remember up north we would get snow at -30c or colder, but it might have been just blowing snow around the tundra, as it would get very windy too.
Always surprised that UK is much farther north latitude than southern Canada, and you are seeing flowers already!

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 25 January 21 12:38 GMT (UK) »
The OH's covid test came back clear, so off to endoscopy tomorrow for the peg removal.
And just got my covid jab appointment for Wednesday, at the ridiculously early hour of 9.15.
Griff

Glad for you of course Griff, but not everywhere in Devon is doing that well I can assure you!
Still working on the over 80s in Torbay, and not progressing as yet to "lower" groups.

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 25 January 21 12:40 GMT (UK) »
Griff

Very good news, Griff!  Very happy to hear that many in UK are getting their jab. 
My daughter has been living in Scotland off and on (before the pandemic) and can’t wait to go back, but I think future travel will involve proof of vaccination, so it might be a year or more.

Offline Gone

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 25 January 21 12:50 GMT (UK) »
Mowsehowse I'm sort of shocked myself to be honest, and I thought they were supposed to be finishing one age group across the county before moving on to the next. Obviously that's not the case.
I also thought it would be a text from whoever was doing it but I got a phone call and it's being done at the local health care centre, and a choice of days.
I could have had it tomorrow but I'll be busy getting the OH to hospital then home again a little later.
Griff