Author Topic: Vaccination priority groups  (Read 21259 times)

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Vaccination priority groups
« on: Tuesday 26 January 21 16:06 GMT (UK) »
I was under the impression that the priority groups as set out in this government document

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-care-home-and-healthcare-settings-posters/covid-19-vaccination-first-phase-priority-groups

So those in the 65 - 69 age group (group 5) (only slightly less vulnerable than 70 - 75 year olds especially if they have one or more medical conditions on the list), would follow straight after Group 4.
But something rather disturbing on BBC news website today

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-55808412/page/2

"Sir Simon Stevens, the head of NHS England, is still answering MPs questions.

He says teachers, police and people with learning disabilities will need to be considered for the next round of Covid-19 vaccinations, after jabs have been offered to the top four priority groups."

So looks like group 5 and lower will have to wait a while longer
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Vaccination priority groups
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 January 21 17:06 GMT (UK) »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-55808412/page/2

"Sir Simon Stevens, the head of NHS England, is still answering MPs questions.

He says teachers, police and people with learning disabilities will need to be considered for the next round of Covid-19 vaccinations, after jabs have been offered to the top four priority groups."

It took me a little while to spot this - and since it's a live news page with the newest items always on page 1 and older items gradually moving towards higher page numbers, it might help others to know that this is part of the item timed at 12:45.
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 January 21 17:31 GMT (UK) »
It might be more medically appropriate to vaccinate some of the a "younger" groups if that subgroup has a higher death rate that the typical 65+/60+ . Look at the death rates by occupation as well as by age.

It's not a case of throwing young seniors under the bus, they are still going to get a vaccine, albeit slightly later.

We need to keep reviewing what's the best course of action regarding vaccinations,  I'm realistically not expecting to get jabbed before late summer. I've had Covid once, and I'm not eager to repeat the experience, even though I didn't need anything more than over-the-counter drugs.

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 26 January 21 18:35 GMT (UK) »
It might be more medically appropriate to vaccinate some of the a "younger" groups if that subgroup has a higher death rate that the typical 65+/60+ . Look at the death rates by occupation as well as by age.

So you're saying someone just under 70 with 3 conditions on the NHS clinically vulnerable list, and probably more likely to die than many fit and healthy 70 - 75year olds should be behind fit and healthy 20 - 50 somethings who get ahead just because of their occupation?
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 26 January 21 19:17 GMT (UK) »
You don't seem to be taking issue with frontline carers getting it before 65y+ .

I'm saying look at the data

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 26 January 21 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Well I head all that too.... my O.H had his on Saturday just gone ( he’s over 70)... thinking it was going to be some considerable time before I get mine... I’m not 70 until September....
About an hour ago my mobile pinged with a message from my doctors surgery to follow the link put in my d of b and choose which of the two centres to go to and time.... Thursday lunch time this week! I’m gobsmacked it’s come through this quickly.... I’m not complaining at all...
there’s hope for us all so keep you’re fingers crossed everyone...
I live on Cambs/Beds/Northants borders...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline John915

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 26 January 21 19:41 GMT (UK) »
Good evening,

I think it depends on where you live, how many vaccination centres you have and the number of people in that area in each group. So some areas have completed groups where others havn't.

I'm still waiting for my call, i'm only just 70. OH is 68 but has severe asthma and bronchitus so should be in the same group. She could feasibly get hers before me.

John915
Stephens, Fuller, Tedham, Bennett, Ransome (Sussex)
Rider (Fulham)
Stephens (Somerset)
Kentfield (Essex)

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 27 January 21 07:16 GMT (UK) »
Well I head all that too.... my O.H had his on Saturday just gone ( he’s over 70)... thinking it was going to be some considerable time before I get mine... I’m not 70 until September....
About an hour ago my mobile pinged with a message from my doctors surgery to follow the link put in my d of b and choose which of the two centres to go to and time.... Thursday lunch time this week! I’m gobsmacked it’s come through this quickly.... I’m not complaining at all...
there’s hope for us all so keep you’re fingers crossed everyone...
I live on Cambs/Beds/Northants borders...

Caroline

Well done, you're in group 5 like me. OH is over 70 and just got a message to arrange his appointment a couple of hours after I started this thread.

Offline Gone

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 27 January 21 08:00 GMT (UK) »
I saw that news story too. But then a few days ago I got the call from the Dr. So I'm having mine this morning in a little over an hour (9.15)
Which is strange because my OH is extremely vulnerable, and had her first taste of fresh air in a year yesterday, hospital procedure.
Perhaps being a full time home carer helps, or having diabetes, or microvascular angina, I don't fit the vulnerable group so I'm told.
Were both in our mid 60's so it was getting ever closer, but then she has multiple allergies and can have the Oxford vaccine but not the Pfizer's.
My biggest problem is the people who just refuse to keep their distance, especially the supermarket, reaching over my shoulder because they can't wait a few seconds for me to move.
Strange times aren't they, social animals who can't be social.  ::)

Added:
The needle the nurse used is nothing like as big as the ones they keep showing on TV... Phew!
And the only reason my OH shouldn't have a particular brand of vaccine is if she has an allergy to one of the ingredients.... Genetically modified organisms 👍