Author Topic: Vaccination priority groups  (Read 21254 times)

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Vaccination priority groups
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday 23 February 21 23:04 GMT (UK) »
Millipede, where is your dad having the second jab? Are you able to phone to double check the date?
Ashford: Somerset, London
England: Devon, London, New Zealand
Holdway: Wiltshire
Hooper: Bristol, Somerset
Knowling: Devon, London
Southcott: Devon, China
Strong: Wiltshire
Watson: Cambridgeshire
White: Bristol
Windo - Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 00:44 GMT (UK) »
Has anyone had their second vaccination?  If so was the reaction to that the same as for the first or milder?

I've felt pretty grotty from my first one  :'(, still don't feel right yet and not therefore keen to have a repeat session from the second vaccination.

Any views on this will be read with interest - thank you.

"Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine adverse reactions
Weekly update"
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions
Cowban

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 08:11 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the link Maiden Stone.  Useful information.
Ashford: Somerset, London
England: Devon, London, New Zealand
Holdway: Wiltshire
Hooper: Bristol, Somerset
Knowling: Devon, London
Southcott: Devon, China
Strong: Wiltshire
Watson: Cambridgeshire
White: Bristol
Windo - Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire

Online arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 11:00 GMT (UK) »
Moving away from side-effects, how concerned should we be about the uneven roll-out of the vaccine across the country?

My local GP practice (NW England) is running vaccination clinics at the civic hall, but their website says "We have been instructed by NHS England NOT to invite patients in the 65-69 age group (cohort 5) for vaccination at our centre in xxx", and instead that group are told to use the NHS website to book an appointment at one of the larger sites about 8-10 miles away. (The NHS site actually says you can use the service if you're 64 or over.)

Meanwhile, the local GP practice is vaccinating group 6, but in the first two weeks, ending this coming weekend, they expected to receive enough vaccine for only about half of those in that group. They are also saying that they are not making appointments for second jabs at present.

I'm in group 7 and patiently waiting my turn, and I certainly don't begrudge those in groups 1-6 going ahead of me. However, it was a bit galling to hear a London GP on TV yesterday saying that her practice had already moved on to group 8. That doesn't seem right to me - does anyone know what's going on?
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jo1962

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 11:23 GMT (UK) »

A friend of mine who is 56 has her appointment for the vaccine on Saturday.  She falls into group 8. Does seem to be a postcode lottery!  :-\

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 11:26 GMT (UK) »

There does seem to be an uneven roll-out.  I had my first jab this morning. I’m guessing it was groups 5 and 6 due to the mix of ages waiting either to be done or in the 15 minute wait group.  Our surgery have been excellent and are taking people from a very wide area.
A younger friend age 53 who lives in London had his jab at a hub yesterday. He has no health issues.

The letter that I received was different from the one my husband had..seems you could only book at a hub if you’d received the letter and preferred that to your GP surgery.

We both had our second jab date booked along with the first.

However, the surgery 5 miles away are at the moment only giving the first jab.  Friends who had theirs in mid December have been told to expect their second in April.

Seems there is no rhyme or reason. :-\
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 11:43 GMT (UK) »
I booked mine online after I'd had a letter and was able to book a second appointment at the same time at a hub. It seems that those who were invited via phone call or text haven't had this option. Surely those who had the vaccine in December should be due for the second before April - that's longer than 12 weeks? I had mine 4th Feb and second is due 27th April which is just under the 12 weeks.

I do think it varies where you live, I'm in the SE of England but know people in Sunderland who are younger than I am, yet had it before me. Pot luck.

I was speaking to my window cleaner yesterday and he said that people are registering at hubs, who then call them at short notice if they have any left over at the end of the day. That seems a good idea, better than wasting it.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jo1962

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 12:40 GMT (UK) »
It's definitely a lottery!  My daughter who is an NHS nurse should have had hers this morning.  It was cancelled due to 'over whelming demand'.  Seems the demand can't be that high though if my 56 year old friend with no health issues has hers booked in.

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Well learning disabilities however slight or extensive have now been prioritised as previously apparently only downs sydrome was prioritised. They did n't say whether their carers are prioritised but i suspect they are whether the relative is in an institution or not. So group 7 could be waiting even longer. Guess which group i'm in. I'm 64 coming 65 in november so arthurk you are not alone! I don't begrudge them either.
Unbelievable is n't it that care staff willing to have the vaccine are still waiting. The place of work has a responsibilty for their health and safety what are they doing (probably inundated with covid).
jean