Author Topic: Vaccination priority groups  (Read 21258 times)

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Vaccination priority groups
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 18:59 GMT (UK) »
I rather thought that good news is something to enjoy.  :D Relieves the tedium of hearing doom and gloom all the time.  :'(

Perhaps the phrase "no news is slow news" might be better?
Ashford: Somerset, London
England: Devon, London, New Zealand
Holdway: Wiltshire
Hooper: Bristol, Somerset
Knowling: Devon, London
Southcott: Devon, China
Strong: Wiltshire
Watson: Cambridgeshire
White: Bristol
Windo - Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 19:33 GMT (UK) »

How,s this for efficient service  :D

2.50pm today phone call from local GP surgery to my OH (in 60-64 age group) -  can you come immediately to local church hall for your vaccination. Yes indeed - 3.15pm has vaccination.

Had mine back on the 4th and at large vaccination centre (65-69 group) and second one due on 15th April. Vaccinations going great guns in NI.

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 19:47 GMT (UK) »
Another thought came to me about the apparently uneven distribution of the vaccines: might they be deliberately directing supplies to the areas where people are thought to be most at risk? If so, it would be nice to be told - while I might not like it, I could at least understand why.

In the absence of an explanation, it risks being seen as incompetence, or worse.
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 20:01 GMT (UK) »
Another thought came to me about the apparently uneven distribution of the vaccines: might they be deliberately directing supplies to the areas where people are thought to be most at risk? If so, it would be nice to be told - while I might not like it, I could at least understand why.

In the absence of an explanation, it risks being seen as incompetence, or worse.

I think it is down to the logistics of the Pfizer vaccine,  our GP hub has hired a sports centre, it’s the largest one in the county, but still cannot process 970 doses a day, so has to share a batch with another hub nearby, so both hubs have to rustle up a lot of patients at short notice.
Mike

Offline Lisajb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: Wednesday 24 February 21 20:19 GMT (UK) »
I wonder how they choose who will get an invitation for a vaccine, and when?

Both hubby and I are in group 6.

I’m 54 and T1 diabetic, got my invitation by text message yesterday, and booked online for next Wednesday.

Hubby is 59, a bit overweight, and T2 diabetic- he’s heard nothing.

On the one hand T1 diabetes is more severe, but on the other being male, older and overweight aren’t in his favour.
Mullingar, Westmeath Ireland: Gilligan/Wall/Meagher/Maher/Gray/O'Hara/Corroon (various spellings)
Bristol: Woodman/James/Derrick
Bristol/Somerset: Saunders/Wilmot
Gloucestershire:Woodman/Mathews/Tandy/Stinchcombe/Marten/Thompson
Wiltshire: Mathews
Carmarthen: Thomas, Lewis
Australia: Mary Lewis, transportee, married Henry Brown - what happened to her?

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: Thursday 25 February 21 11:26 GMT (UK) »
Millipede, where is your dad having the second jab? Are you able to phone to double check the date?

The first one was in a building next to the main hospital so presume the second one will be in the same place.  Expect it will be fine (fingers crossed)

I haven't had one yet nor has my husband but his 2 youngest brothers (50's) have. 

Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline chrissiecruiser

• RootsChat Senior
  • Dora Berg (12/5/1893-8/10/1916)
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: Thursday 25 February 21 11:45 GMT (UK) »
G'day from South Australia.

I hope you are all keeping well.

Australia began immunisations this week, frontline workers and the elderly in nursing homes.

All very well....except on day 3 a Queensland doctor injected two elderly people with 4 times as much vaccine as they were supposed to have.

They are in hospital and the doctor stood down.  He did not complete the instruction course!
A nurse picked it up....yay for nurses!

Aussie does not have vaccine here for everyone yet, on the other hand,  we are fairly well , with few cases.

Onwards and upwards!!!
Berg - Uppsala, Sweden
Bissett - Scotland
Butler - Yorkshire
Butt - Dorset
Butterworth - Yorkshire
Cave - Somerset
Darby - Somerset
Grierson - Scotland
Kruger/Krueger - Prussia, Germany
Lecher - Cottbus, Brandenburg, Germany
Levick - Nottinghamshire, UK
Molde - Schleswig-Holstein, Denmark/Germany
Oram - Wiltshire & Somerset, UK
Randell - Devon, UK
Savren - Dorset, UK
Weilbach - Denmark & South Africa
Williams - Cornwall, UK

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: Thursday 25 February 21 11:49 GMT (UK) »
I have to say I don't understand why people keep saying that they haven't had their jab yet when they feel they are in a category that should have been called.

If you are concerned, and I assume you must be by mentioning it, then go on the NHS website and book your jab - you do not need to wait for a GP letter/text/phone call.  If you are eligible you can book through the NHS site - it won't accept your booking if you are outside the current remit of the hub.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: Thursday 25 February 21 12:57 GMT (UK) »
I have to say I don't understand why people keep saying that they haven't had their jab yet when they feel they are in a category that should have been called.

If you are concerned, and I assume you must be by mentioning it, then go on the NHS website and book your jab - you do not need to wait for a GP letter/text/phone call.  If you are eligible you can book through the NHS site - it won't accept your booking if you are outside the current remit of the hub.

Pheno

I think we’re all just looking forward to the day when we can feel, if not be, back to some kind of normality. And having the jab feels like a step in that direction.
You’ll always get some who feel that life’s unfair... ::)
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins