Author Topic: Vaccination priority groups  (Read 21261 times)

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Vaccination priority groups
« Reply #153 on: Thursday 25 February 21 13:52 GMT (UK) »
If the question I raised was about fairness, then it's more than just a feeling.

I consider that the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation have done a good job in working out the order in which people should receive the vaccine, so surely anyone who deviates from that order should be able to justify it.

As one of those in group 7, I do feel a bit miffed that other parts of the country are now on to group 8. But when in my local area they're currently doing group 5 in larger centralised facilities and the GP practice is only part way through group 6, can you suggest a better word than unfair?
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline John915

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: Thursday 25 February 21 14:17 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon,

The order of giving the vaccination and how far through various areas have got is down to population demographics. Some areas have a much larger older population so take longer to get through them . Whereas some areas were finished the first 4 groups.

A couple of weeks or so ago the gov stopped them from starting the next group so that others could catch up. It was stopped for a week but I don't know how closely those areas kept to that ruling. It was supposed to help alleviate the unfairness now apparent in some places.

Daughter had her first yesterday, she is 40 but is a registered carer because of having 2 autistic children. She discovered a new side effect, OH phoned her this morning to see how she is. She said, " I have a slight headache and feel a little hot but more worryingly, I cleaned the windows" . 😁😁😄

John915
Stephens, Fuller, Tedham, Bennett, Ransome (Sussex)
Rider (Fulham)
Stephens (Somerset)
Kentfield (Essex)

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: Thursday 25 February 21 15:00 GMT (UK) »
" I have a slight headache and feel a little hot but more worryingly, I cleaned the windows"

Love that John  ;D ;D ;D

One of my side effects included feeling VERY hot  :o
Ashford: Somerset, London
England: Devon, London, New Zealand
Holdway: Wiltshire
Hooper: Bristol, Somerset
Knowling: Devon, London
Southcott: Devon, China
Strong: Wiltshire
Watson: Cambridgeshire
White: Bristol
Windo - Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: Thursday 25 February 21 15:38 GMT (UK) »
.... and I still can't find out if/when I'll get informed where/when to get the top-up dose!!
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline John915

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: Thursday 25 February 21 17:16 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon,

.... and I still can't find out if/when I'll get informed where/when to get the top-up dose!!

I think we were a little misled at the start. As far as I can see it was always the case that the 2nd dose had to be given between 3 and 12 weeks. However, the powers that be said that when vaccinations started it would be 3 weeks between the 2. The media have stuck to that time frame even though it was quickly realised that it wouldn't work so it was made 12 weeks as standard.

If you received a letter from NHS UK telling you to go online and book you got both dates. As you go through the process it tells you the first 5 available dates and you choose one. It gives you the first 5 available time  slots for that date. It gives you a choice of venues starting with the closest. So I got Crawley hospital, the Brighton centre, Epsom race course followed by several getting progressively further away.

If as OH got, which was a msg from the surgery, you log on to an NHS satelite booking site. On this you can only book the first date and at the nearest local vaccination centre which for OH was Claire Hall in Haywards Heath. Oddly, not on my list of venues but about the same distance as mine.

So for anyone worried about their 2nd jab that is not already booked I think you will get notification in the same way as the first and it will be 12 weeks after the first give or take a couple of days. So if your first was 1st feb your 2nd will be 20th apr give or take.

John915
Stephens, Fuller, Tedham, Bennett, Ransome (Sussex)
Rider (Fulham)
Stephens (Somerset)
Kentfield (Essex)

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: Thursday 25 February 21 17:24 GMT (UK) »
I'd agree with John915.  OH did his online after receiving a letter, and has both dates.  I was contacted by our GP surgery by phone, and I've had the first jab, but so far no date for the second.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: Thursday 25 February 21 18:51 GMT (UK) »
As I said previously, I had a letter, booked on line and was given a choice of places ranging from 4 miles away to about 30. I was also requested to book the second dose at the same time and was asked if I wanted the same venue or to choose another. The date of the second dose is written on the little card they gave me, with the date and batch number of the first.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gan Yam

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Going Home - exploring my past
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: Thursday 25 February 21 22:56 GMT (UK) »
As I said previously, I had a letter, booked on line and was given a choice of places ranging from 4 miles away to about 30.

OH went on line to book and there was also 4 choices of places, all more than 70 miles away and in difficult to get to places, so didn't continue with the booking.  GP surgery called the next day to arrange a jab at the local GP hub. There are 2 hubs in the city and neither were a choice on the NHS site.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: Friday 26 February 21 08:51 GMT (UK) »
I don't think GP hubs are offered for online booking. My closest location was a community pharmacy in the next county , but only half an hour away , and next a football stadium. My husband was invited by text to the local GP hub - they didn't invite me although we are the same age.
Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk