Author Topic: Vaccination priority groups  (Read 21269 times)

Offline greenrig

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Father, 1955
    • View Profile
Re: Vaccination priority groups
« Reply #162 on: Friday 26 February 21 10:46 GMT (UK) »
My experience: We were invited to book at local hub two weeks ago, by text from GP surgery. (our group is 65-70, no major conditions).   We got AZ vaccine.
We have not had invite for second dose.   On the booking website I entered my details and was offered a slot at end of April, at local pharmacy. This is about ten weeks after first jab.   I did not book, but choose to wait for another text invite.
NEILSON - Erskine/Bishopton, Renfrewshire and Glasgow
BROWN - Hamilton, Lanarkshire
CAIRNS - Hamilton, Lanarkshire
FINDLAY - Kirriemuir area, Forfarshire/Angus
PORTER - Tobermore, Derry, Ireland

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: Friday 26 February 21 11:00 GMT (UK) »
My mother-in-law had her first jab just after Christmas in her care home.  She is having her 2nd jab next Wednesday.
The care home didn’t have a date for the second round of jabs until today.

Jenny
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: Friday 26 February 21 15:33 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, John915, as always, you are clear to understand. I'd arrived at a date of April20th-ish myself, BUT I wondered if there may be problems, as we received our injections after a 'phone call bidding us to attend a centre several miles distant - our longest journey during "Lockdown", and quite exciting to get out! Will we ha contacted by that distant place, or from our own GP's surgery - we got "the letter" from them, the day after we'd been "done", inviting us to select a date and venue, but of course we'd already been vaccinated.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: Friday 26 February 21 15:43 GMT (UK) »
Update yesterday by my health board in Scotland. Now doing group 6. Says this is a large group. GPs are continuing to do clinically vulnerable and housebound. Online calendar filled again with local mass vaccination centres last week Feb. and 1st week March. People get a letter with an appointment for a centre according to their postcode. Instruction on letter on how to change appointment if not convenient. I attended the appointment I was given. Simple. Says on website not to phone your GP unless you're in a group which has been done and you didn't receive an invitation.
I got my jab earlier than I expected because health board has been doing 2 age groups together if it's more efficient to do so. Second doses start 2nd week in March.
I've calculated that I should get a letter with appointment for 2nd jab by 1st week May. Scottish election that week. Can I cope with so much excitement in 1 week?
Cowban

Offline John915

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: Friday 26 February 21 17:10 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon,

Thanks, John915, as always, you are clear to understand. I'd arrived at a date of April20th-ish myself, BUT I wondered if there may be problems, as we received our injections after a 'phone call bidding us to attend a centre several miles distant - our longest journey during "Lockdown", and quite exciting to get out! Will we ha contacted by that distant place, or from our own GP's surgery - we got "the letter" from them, the day after we'd been "done", inviting us to select a date and venue, but of course we'd already been vaccinated.
TY

The system used seems to vary, some surgerys text msg, some ring, some both just to be sure. They tend not to e-mail it seems because of the danger of it going straight to spam.

I have our surgery reception no in my contacts but when they call or msg it's usually from  the back office or a dr. All these come up as "private no". If I miss the call i'm unable to call back direct but have to go through the front desk. That can mean waiting in a Q for sometime. Therein lies part of the problem, some people choose to set their phones to reject unknown callers.

I think though that you will be contacted by the same means as before. But how soon before your date is anyones guess.

John915
Stephens, Fuller, Tedham, Bennett, Ransome (Sussex)
Rider (Fulham)
Stephens (Somerset)
Kentfield (Essex)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: Friday 26 February 21 18:13 GMT (UK) »
I had my injection at the Local GP hub after a telephone call from my doctors surgery, I was told at the 'hub' if I had not been contacted with a date for the next jab within 10 weeks to phone my GP.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: Saturday 27 February 21 10:01 GMT (UK) »
Glasgow & Clyde handing out jags, no jabs on offer!  ;D

Skoosh.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: Saturday 27 February 21 10:52 GMT (UK) »

Skoosh.

I would not mind if they were handing out Jags (Jaguar motor cars) in England  :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: Saturday 27 February 21 12:12 GMT (UK) »

Skoosh.

I would not mind if they were handing out Jags (Jaguar motor cars) in England  :)

I'll put my name down for one now and collect the second in 12 weeks.  ;D ;D ;D
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk