Author Topic: Williams, John and Jones, Catherine - Marriage Cert 1893 Holyhead  (Read 493 times)

Offline SharonAnne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census & BMD Information is Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Williams, John and Jones, Catherine - Marriage Cert 1893 Holyhead
« on: Friday 29 January 21 13:14 GMT (UK) »
Marriage certificate for John Williams and Catherine Jones. They married on 13th February 1893 at the parish church in Holyhead.
John was 25 years old and was working as labourer, he was living at 2 Parliament Street, Holyhead. His father was Owen Williams, also a labourer.
Catherine was 20 years old and has no occupation listed, she was living at 14 Summer Hill Terrace, Holyhead. Her father was Evan Jones, a labourer.

I followed the wrong family from the 1911 census and that was how I ended up with the certificate. I do know that they went on to have four children - Owen Williams (1894), Jane Ellen Williams (1896), Evan Williams (1898) and John Williams (1899), all born in Holyhead. In 1901 they lived at 4 Hill Street, Holyhead and in 1911 Catherine and the children lived at 7 Baker Street, Holyhead.

I also have a pdf of their son John's birth certificate that I've listed in a separate thread.

The curse of having ancestors with extremely common names ;)
Williams, Marshall, Garrard, Hughes, Roberts, Evans
McAndrew, Higginson, Settle, Watts, Martin, Dunn