Author Topic: Diary > Friday 29th January  (Read 1820 times)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary > Friday 29th January
« on: Friday 29 January 21 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Thought I'd start off todays diary.

Temperature a balmy 10C today - mostly sunny - so felt a lot brighter.

Grocery order delivered at 1pm - after getting that all put away I had some lunch and then drove over to my niece's house to see the twins through lounge window.   My first time seeing them and they are so tiny.   8 weeks old now - Macy (who came home first) is now 6lbs and Darcy 5lbs.   Darcy had more feeding problems so is having to play catch-up now.   Is always hungry and wants lots of attention.   Macy is more placid and sleeps more.   

Just before I left to go visit I received my covid jab invite - hurrah - so organised that online when I got home.   Had 5 places to choose from and since only one was in Ipswich it was bit of a no-brainer really.   1st jab 11.45 this coming Sunday and 2nd jab Sunday 18th April same time.   

Not much has happened during past couple of days but did have cousins quiz Wednesday evening and 'girls' meetup last night on Whatsapp.

Hope everyone is keeping well and safe.

Annette   
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Friday 29th January
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 January 21 00:32 GMT (UK) »
Good to hear from you Annette and delighted to know your vaccination dates are through... I’m impressed they’ve given you a date for the second one too... not heard that from anyone else... I wonder which one you’ll have...
OH and I both had the Pfizer one so are now slightly worried with all the EU posturing that it might cause an issue...
Lovely for you to see Macy & Darcy even if only through the window! I’m sure all your knitting is greatly appreciated too.... keep going! 😀

Today was a lovely day when I got up and mild .... well about 11C! I managed to get the sheets washed and out today for a good blow...
Did some rearranging in the freezers after breakfast....
messages from daughter with a picture of the boys sitting at the kitchen table with a lap top each doing their schoolwork! Eldest one T apparently gets started at 8.30 every day.... youngest J not always quite as keen but likes maths so did all his tasks this morning on his own and all correct.... gave daughter a chance to put away their shopping delivery!
After lunch we decided to go for a walk as it was so pleasant out... couldn’t walk down the loop road (past the dogs house) as it was flooded so we continued up the road and after a short distance we became aware of a woman shouting at a dog... yes you guessed it... they were in the field that runs along the road and the male dog ( called  Chase... I could think of better names but we won’t go into that!) was on the grass verge ... not barking but looked like any moment was going to jump over the ditch onto the road where we were.... she was screaming at it to get back.... we walked on and OH made some loud comments she couldn’t have failed to hear...
We continued round to the other end of the loop finally coming back to the flooded area where we could cut up to a foot path taking us over the fields which were quite squelchy... it brought us back onto the road through the village...
We met another villager who was walking her dog and lives in the row of bungalows near the bridge where the dogs house is... we stopped to chat and she told us what a menace the dogs were... I said I’d mail her the dog wardens details so she can make a complaint too....
We’ve now given our statements and said we’d be prepared to stand up in court if it comes to that... you just can’t have a community scared of two uncontrollable animals...
Once back home had a nice cuppa...
Early evening had a zoom with two sets of friends, nice to see them and chat and laugh...
Dinner we had some thick meaty Cod that came in my online meat purchase... I drizzled them with rapeseed oil, squeeze on lemon juice sprinkle of paprika added some cherry toms and mushrooms and baked in hot oven for 13 mins... with it we had cannelli beans cooked with leeks and some veg stock till thickened and lightly squashed with a fork, I put the fish ontop of that on the plates and served with sugar snap peas and broccoli... the fish was beautiful... not tasted better and it was cooked just right still moist but flakey.... nice glass of Sav Blanc to go with it...
Watched some tv...
Had text from two friends to say they’d had messages to have their vaccinations too...
A good day apart from the dog issue... that was I suppose something and nothing but a shock to see it somewhere different than before...

Hope others days have been better too... looks like more cold weather over the W/e and maybe more snow...

Take care keep safe stay well

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 30 January 21 00:40 GMT (UK) »
How lovely for you to see the twins Annette, it must have been a very touching experience for you. Great news that you've got an appointment for your jab and at a civilised time too!

Caroline, I can't believe how the situation with the dogs has gone on like this, it's ridiculous. If the owners have a problem with them escaping they should put them on a long chain. Not a particularly nice solution but they don't seem prepared to do anything else. And the dog warden needs to get his finger out! I'm getting annoyed on your behalf!
The cod you made sounds delicious, you're so imaginative with the accompaniments.

My day:

Had quite a busy day today. It wasn't lack of motivation that led me to doing very little on Thursday, it was more the lack of opportunity. My sister was on the phone for so long it took up the biggest part of the afternoon!

Got myself out for a walk in the morning (not early) so I'd have plenty of time to have lunch and prepare for art class. It wasn't as cold as it has been recently, there was some heavy rain last night and I was surprised to see that there were still some large puddles in the woods.

Had the last of my homemade sweet potato and carrot soup that had been in the freezer. Got everything out for the class. I hadn't had a reply from the teacher about my painting to date so was hoping I wouldn't be too far behind. I'd had a go at the homework, fireworks done in Brusho which is a powdered pigment. It's very random to use, it only took me a short time and I added some bits with chalk pastels. Thought I may as well send it so took a photo and did so. I was amazed that the teacher absolutely loved it.

The paintings we were doing demanded a lot of concentration, we've all felt that this one has been quite a challenge. The connection dropped out several times, once when the class had hardly started but we managed to have a successful class. As usual it overran, we so get our money's worth from our lovely teacher. Felt quite exhausted at the end.

Hadn't taken anything out of the freezer or planned what to eat so had some breaded fish that I could cook from frozen, jacket potato, sweetcorn, tomatoes and peas. Usual berries and yogurt to follow. Had a glass of wine later, watched some Doc Martin. Bath, bed, catching up on RC.
Hope everyone has had a good day.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Gone

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 30 January 21 00:43 GMT (UK) »
Caroline,
I had my vaccination a few days ago and an appointment for the second, 21st April. Astra zeneca.
Griff

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 30 January 21 00:49 GMT (UK) »
Griff - it’s reassuring to know when your second vaccination is going to be... I do hope our second one will be ok and proceed as it should... if we have our in April it would be wonderful...
 O.H’s niece has set a date of May 1st for her wedding in the hope we’d all... us older family members... have been vaccinated by then... we live in hope but I think it will have to be later...
At the moment I’ll just settle with giving my daughter and the boys a big hug!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Gone

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 30 January 21 01:01 GMT (UK) »
Griff - it’s reassuring to know when your second vaccination is going to be... I do hope our second one will be ok and proceed as it should... if we have our in April it would be wonderful...
 O.H’s niece has set a date of May 1st for her wedding in the hope we’d all... us older family members... have been vaccinated by then... we live in hope but I think it will have to be later...
At the moment I’ll just settle with giving my daughter and the boys a big hug!

Caroline
Fingers crossed for you both. 🤞
it's been pretty tough for families hasn't it.
I've a nephew who got married in Mexico last year. None of his family could go but she had about 200 of hers there. I think they're going to do something over here when things are somewhere near normal.

I think I was lucky to get my vaccination when I did. The OH is having hers at home tomorrow

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 30 January 21 01:29 GMT (UK) »
The text re. the covid jab linked me to site called 'my-healthbook.co.uk' - entered reference number they'd given me, together with my postcode and up popped all my details.   I then had to choose when I wanted it done - brings up a calendar/s and shaded dates are those already booked.  You choose your own times so thought late morning would be good and chose Sunday as thought it might be less busy not that it really makes any difference when everything is timed to a nicety.   It said at the beginning that 2nd jab should be within 21-84 days after first and once you'd booked the 1st up popped a screen to book the 2nd.   Calendar for March was fully booked so went on to April and first available date/time to suit me was 18th April.

Took some photos on my phone of the twins through the window - once I figure out how to get them from phone to PC I'll post on here.   Inside, Jo was taking some photos of me looking in the window - she's going to put the photos of those that have come to see the babies in their respective baby books.  Normally would be photos of first cuddles of course, instead of first 'viewing' through glass.   Still, the cuddles will come eventually.

Annette   
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 30 January 21 02:31 GMT (UK) »
Your set up for vaccination completely different to ours...
We got a text from the surgery to click on the link taking you to a screen that required your date of birth then confirm... next the pages gave option of two different venues choose one and the times available come up once that’s chosen you confirm and the dates and time is set. Then we got a confirmation from the surgery.... having looked it says that the surgery will contact us nearer the time regarding our second one...

Look forward to seeing pictures of the twins...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 30 January 21 08:05 GMT (UK) »
Gosh, what a lot of posts so early .... I will read them in a minute.
A quiet morning spent pottering around trying to fill the day.
Made some birthday cards while listening to the Inde SAGE report. After looking at the Covid 19 weekly stats, (which indicate the infection rate is slowing in London and the North East, but not noticeably elsewhere,) they discussed the issue of "Long Covid".  Suspicion is this could become a much worse problem over the next decades, than the actual pandemic.Took a walk after that, fairly busy it being a sunny afternoon. 4 cruise ships at anchor and several smaller tugs, so I reckon we are in for another spell of stormy weather.If life gets any more exciting I may not be able to cope.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.