Author Topic: John Warren from Macroom, married circa 1875  (Read 721 times)

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Warren from Macroom, married circa 1875
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 10 February 21 15:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I mentioned the marriage of Annie Warren (dau of Michael, deceased) to Cornelius Lucey on 8 Feb 1890.

On 11 Mar 1890 Johanna Warren, 64, widow of a labourer died in Macroom. Informant was Annie Lucey, her daughter.  See:-

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1890/06111/4744345.pdf

So, it looks like Johanna was the wife of the late Michael Warren, who died before his dau Annie married Cornelius Lucey in Feb 1890?

Regards

Offline Smedrockd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Warren from Macroom, married circa 1875
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 11 February 21 20:09 GMT (UK) »
That's very interesting, thank you.

I don't know how well you can see this image but this is the jigsaw puzzle of family history I am grappling with!  My own family is descended from Quigleys (which may mean we have a connection to the Quigley family in the centre of the image).  In any case we are genetically linked to a group of DNA cousins in the States (we live in England, though my Dad is from Dublin) and the red numbers show the connections in centimorgans.  They all seem to be descended from Warrens from the Macroom area.

I'm trying to work out how the (currently separate) branches of the tree shown in image might be linked.  It seems possible that we are all descended from someone called Warren living in Macroom, and that person may have been born around 1830 or so.  Any comments or suggestions would be very welcome.  I feel like I need some fresh eyes!