Author Topic: Michael Conroy  (Read 529 times)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Conroy
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 03 February 21 06:22 GMT (UK) »
Afternoon Neale1961 and majam sorry about the mistake I am getting tired of typing. I had another look at the entry I posted regarding Mary Conroy daughter of Michael Conroy baptism date 29/2/1823 at Parramatta, I don't know if it is St. Johns Parramatta (I had a search) couldn't find it. The copy I downloaded regarding Macgouran it could be Sarah's married name to Francis, because the next entry underneath this one mentions 1825 September Mary McGouren aged 2 years and 9 months born in the Colony Residence Clarence Street Sydney child of Sarah McGouren. I don't know how to search in the Census General Muster 1823/4/5. :-[

Regards,
Janet :-\

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 03 February 21 06:35 GMT (UK) »
This is a snip from the 1825 General Muster.
I think this would put Mary's birth about January 1823 or Dec 1822.
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 03 February 21 06:51 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Neale1961 I have just downloaded this from Findmypast but I can hardly read the dates and information etc. :-[ and printing out the Transcription didn't say much about the 1825 Muster. :-[ with regards the baptism of Mary I don't know which Church, perhaps a registry Office, I know that Sarah's family, parents were connected to St. Johns Church Parramatta, but Sarah Sandle married Francis McGoveran in St. Mathews Church Windsor their abode was South Creek New South Wales. :-[

Regards,
Janet :-[

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 03 February 21 06:58 GMT (UK) »
These 3 records are indexed in the NSW BMD. I suspect they are all related (at least the bottom 2 are almost the same rego number), but no district is mentioned, and they appear to be "unavailable". I think you may need to contact the registry to see if someone there can help.
JM might have other ideas about how to access these.
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 03 February 21 07:02 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much Neale1961 I have a lot of trouble searching through the latest NSW BMD they require a lot of details etc. I have tried recently with a ancestor they had in their records, and up came No records. I used to search a long time ago when the web page was so easy, you just filled in the surname for baptism, marriage or burial and a whole list would come and you picked the one you wanted, back then of course they were only $20.00. :-[ Time to water the plants and prepare dinner, thanks so much all of you. :-[
Regards,
Janet :-\

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 03 February 21 07:48 GMT (UK) »
NSW BDM  re 'pdf unavailable'  means that NO ONE as ordered a PDF copy of that record.  The record exists,  you can order it,  you can expect a delay while they set it up for copying it as a PDF .

It's just poorly worded.

The volume numbers for c of e baptisms are 1 to 44 inclusive.   

Best to order Early Church Records (So any reference with V in it) as official transcriptions from official Agents. 

One of my direct line has FIVE entries for their one baptism.... 
1.. .A child of  a soldier and his wife as garrison forces in a penal settlement outside of Sydney
2. Transmitted to the Wesleyan mission
3. Who Transmitted it to a Wesleyan on a circuit
4. Who Transmitted it to a C of E clergy
5.  Who transmitted it to Rev Cowper in Sydney.
All obeying the Governors general orders about recording baptisms, burials and marriages...

Spelling mistakes in each transmitted record,   :) worse than my typos in this post.

JM.
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 03 February 21 09:58 GMT (UK) »
majm thanks for your help once again, I will think about searching in the BDM New South Wales they are very expensive now, I wonder if Michael Conroy is in the 1825 Census? I always think it is sad when Sarah and Francis lost their little girl, but think its strange why 7 days were listed when Infant Sarah  died on the 15/12/1820 and buried at St. Mathews Windsor on the  16/12/1820 and before this date Francis was hanged on the 18/8/1820 at Richmond I think, not sure where. :-\ Sarah McGouren must have been pregnant when Francis died. :'(
Regards,
Janet :-[