Author Topic: Mary Stone & William Jackson East Budleigh  (Read 260 times)

Offline StoneDG

• RootsChat Extra
  • Songwriter, singer, carpenter, from Cape Breton
    • View Profile
Mary Stone & William Jackson East Budleigh
« on: Wednesday 03 February 21 17:35 GMT (UK) »
This is one I just came across a couple days back - these people were married at East Budleigh on Christmas Eve, 1776. Jackson was a merchant and I believe he had been at Trepassey NL at the time of my ancestor Jonas Stone. Born in 1727, Jackson died in 1808 and was buried at East Budleigh. He and Mary had a number of children. Gregory, William, George, James, Mary & Margaret. Gregory died in infancy, William in 1798 and James abt 1813. Margaret never married and died in a Lunatic Asylum in 1888. Mary wed the Rev Ambrose Stapleton in 1810 or so and had a family. George Jackson married Mary Grier Lee and had children. Jackson went on to become Maj General George Jackson and a diplomat. Mary Stone Jackson died in 1846 and on the 1841 census at East Budleigh she is living with her daughter Margaret. In the box for nativity - she is marked as born in a Foreign Place. Her age puts her birth around 1757 or so. Wondering if anyone connects to these Jacksons.
Stones and their kin from East Budleigh, Topsham, Littleham and area - Webber, Newman, Davy, Motty, Harvey etc