Author Topic: Baptism record.  (Read 832 times)

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
Baptism record.
« on: Saturday 06 February 21 16:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have not posted on RC for several years now, but trying to break down some of my FH brick walls, as a lot more information is available now from when I first started. would be so grateful for any information that might help.  Thank you.

Trying to find a batism record, I can find no registrion record for my Gt Grandmother Harriet Stanley . 

On her marriage to Samuel Hall in 1868 in St Thomas, parish of Stepney she is a minor with consent, gives her father as Thomas Thurston Stanley , Deceased.   She gives her POB in later census as born St. Georges in the East, Stepney.

Patrish
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism record.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 February 21 16:18 GMT (UK) »
What year was she born?  Have you got an age for her from later census (or previous?)
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 February 21 16:23 GMT (UK) »
There's a Harriet Susan Stanley birth registration Dec 1853 St George Southwark

Mothers maiden name Eastman

But depends how minor she was in 1868.

One of the marriage witnesses was Eliza Stanley - that might help.
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 06 February 21 16:26 GMT (UK) »
Oh Sorry can see I am a little rusty now.

1871 has her aged 23 b George East and 1881 has her as 30 born the same.

My other stumbling  block is  I think she may be illeg as I seem to have 3 generations all called Harriet Stanley or Thurston Stanley.  But I am trying to work back to see if I can verify the other generations.
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 06 February 21 16:26 GMT (UK) »
Suggestion is Henrietta Harriet Stanley born Mar 1848 Stepney. 

Maiden name for that one is Leithienllier.
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 06 February 21 16:31 GMT (UK) »
There is a marriage of a Thomas Thurston Stanley in St George in the East in 2nd quarter of 1847.
A potential bride is Eliza Phoebe Tyler.

There is a birth in St George in the East in 1849 of an Eliza Harriet Stanley, mother’s maiden surname Tyler.

May be worth following up?

Edit: see next post
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 06 February 21 16:40 GMT (UK) »
No, forget that one. She married Thomas O’Farrell in 1871.

What was Thomas’s occupation on Harriet's marriage cert?

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 06 February 21 16:47 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, I think I had better post what I do now about the  previous  generations to save  duplicate information.   This is what I have.

Charles Thurston Stanley b 1750 married Elizabeth Fleetwood b 1748   1 son Thomas b 1781 who married Harriet Smith baptised June 1791 , she was a foundling (from  a relatives search) she died aged 46 in 1838 and her remarried to Lydia Travwicks  I have that information.

Thomas and Harriet Smith had 3 children  Harriet b c 1821, Thomas b 1824 and Caroline b 1834. Dont know if there were any more.

Thomas married Elza Pheobe Tyler, thats the famil you found Jen  they had 5 children one being Eliza Harriet who intially I thought my me  2x gt granmother but she is not, but was born almost the same time as mine.

It would seem that Harriet b c1821 had a daughter also Harriet my 1 x gt granmother'

On the marriage in 1868 one of the witnesses is Thomas Tyler and Eliza Stanley so I am sure that this is her brother Thomas's daughter Eliza

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 06 February 21 17:32 GMT (UK) »
On her marriage to Samuel Hall in 1868 in St Thomas, parish of Stepney she is a minor with consent, gives her father as Thomas Thurston Stanley , Deceased.

Just one point - on her marriage she gives her father as Thomas Stanley. No Thurston mentioned.