Author Topic: Duggan (maybe born 1852) ??? badly in need of a clean up and estimate of date  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Duggan (maybe born 1852) ??? badly in need of a clean up and estimate of date
« Reply #18 on: Monday 08 February 21 09:46 GMT (UK) »
720 is the max width before you have to use the slider  ;D
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Aussielass

• RootsChat Senior
  • Rooney the Wonder Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Duggan (maybe born 1852) ??? badly in need of a clean up and estimate of date
« Reply #19 on: Monday 08 February 21 10:10 GMT (UK) »

Thanks again to everyone for the advice and great restorations.

I have one more favour to ask about another "unknown Duggan".  Do you think this photo is the same person as the c1870's photo that was originally posted.  If it's not o.k. to ask on this post, I will start another one.  Unfortunately the facial features on the first photo are not clearly defined, except for his "injured hand" which is distinctive.  Perhaps if we removed the beard on this new photo he might look the same as the injured hand "Duggan?"

Any advice or opinions would be appreciated.
Duggan, William - Wales c.1795, Australia
White, Eleanor - Queens Co. Ireland c.1810
Aspinall, Alexander - Lancashire
Beardsell, Jonas - Huddersfield, Yorkshire
Anderson, William - Ballyrashane, Londonderry, Ireland 1802, Australia,Vic,Tasmania
Cochrane, Mary Ann- Agadowey, Derry, Ireland - 1835
Langford, Richard - Brierley Hill, Stafford/Blakedown, Hagley, Worcester, NZ, Aust.
Cann, Eliza - Grantchester, Cambridge - 1839
Tait, Christopher - Delting, Shetland - 1854
Johnson - Shetland

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 08 February 21 10:11 GMT (UK) »
Yes  :)

(but fingers are straight on his left hand! )

Sorry I've posted twice on wrong thread - will remove and put them on Wiggy's!
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline chlo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 08 February 21 11:58 GMT (UK) »
Feel free to use any of my edits to enhance further

Offline chlo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 08 February 21 12:00 GMT (UK) »

Do you think this photo is the same person as the c1870's photo that was originally posted.
100%.
Feel free to use any of my edits to enhance further

Offline Aussielass

• RootsChat Senior
  • Rooney the Wonder Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 08 February 21 12:08 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Chloe,

Very nice clean up of Thomas Duggan (born 1852), your close up has really defined his features. 

It's now much easier to compare to the later photo I posted with the beard, well done.

Kind Regards,  Aussielass
Anderson, William - Ballyrashane, Londonderry, Ireland 1802, Australia,Vic,Tasmania
Langford, Richard - Brierley Hill, Stafford/Blakedown, Hagley, Worcester, NZ, Aust.
Johnson - Shetland

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 08 February 21 15:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi AL...A clean from me of your second image.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Aussielass

• RootsChat Senior
  • Rooney the Wonder Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 08 February 21 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol,

How are you, hope all is well in your part of the world.  Thanks for the clean up of the 2nd unknown Duggan, he looks great.  I'm still not 100% sure if he is the same person as the 1st "unknown Duggan" that I posted, facial features appear to be the same, but the beard makes him look different. ::)
Kind Regards, Aussielass

Johnson - Shetland

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 08 February 21 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Fine thank you, hope all is well with you too. You are welcome  :D I do believe that they could the same person or related.
Take Care.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU