Author Topic: Discipering name places 1750 Abernethy and Kincardine and John and Elpet Stuart  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Alison Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
On Scotlands People I have found Janet Stuart born 31 May 1750 and baptised 8 June 1750. Abernethy and Kincardine.  Parents Donald Stuart but I can not disciper where he comes from(can someone help please) and his spouse Janet ( Rahie? Ralnie? again I can't disciper it, can someone help) and the document is witnessed by John Stuart, who I think is the grandfather .But I can't disciper where John Start is from (again can anyone help)
I know Donald Stuart was born 26 Sept 1725 to  John Stuart ( in Delnabo) and Elspet Stuart. Kirkmichael and Tomintoul
I can't seem to find anything about John Stuart or Elspet. Can anyone help please
Many thanks
Alison

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Discipering name places 1750 Abernethy and Kincardine and John and Elpet Stuart
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 February 21 16:21 GMT (UK) »
Can you post an image of the baptism?  Then we can see what we make of it.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline Alison Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Discipering name places 1750 Abernethy and Kincardine and John and Elpet Stuart
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 February 21 16:51 GMT (UK) »
I have attached the document

Offline GR2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 February 21 17:48 GMT (UK) »
The wife's name is Ratrie, which would usually be Rattray today. The places are Torranebriak and Conegass. These are probably the Tornabirrack and Congash of the modern maps.

Offline Alison Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 07 February 21 17:50 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. That's so helpful

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 07 February 21 17:50 GMT (UK) »
Oh well done GR2, I was just finishing an online exercise class so you beat me to it, though I hadn't got the wife's name correct!!
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON