Author Topic: Mamounia, St Jean, Cap Ferrat 1950s to 1970s  (Read 2416 times)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mamounia, St Jean, Cap Ferrat 1950s to 1970s
« Reply #9 on: Monday 08 February 21 10:36 GMT (UK) »
yes - she was born in Belgium but her parents were both English. Her father travelled in Europe creating magical stage apparatus - and his wife and daughter both performed on stage as part of the show. they mixed in quite high performing circles and Clementine initially married a lion tamer from Alsace before she later married the russian Prince. The lion that roars at the beginning of the Metro Goldwyn  Meyer films of the 1920s and 1930s was provided by her first husband- her sister married into the MGM business! It is a story where the truth is far stranger than fiction but locating Mamounia in St jean in 1955 is the last missing link in my heft research that has been ongoing for over 15 years.
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Offline Charles le vert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 26 March 22 13:02 GMT (UK) »
Dear Caroline,  It has been a long time.  Hope that your sister and you are well.  I have the information that you seek.  You should take a look at IoniaSecrets.com.  It is a book about Clementine de Vere, Princess Ertistavi Tchitcherine, Prince Vladimir Tchitcherine, Herman Weedon, Frank Godsol, Charles de Vere, and Julia Ferrett.  I'll suggest a PM.  Have a wonderful day.
Clementine de Vere
Eristavi Tchitcherine
Charles de Vere
Frank Godsol
Elise de Vere
Frank Tchitcherine
Julia Ferrett

Offline Charles le vert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 08 December 22 23:11 GMT (UK) »
Greetings from Washington, DC.  I've information on Clementine de Vere (Ionia - Princess Clementine Eristavi Tchitcherine), Elise de Vere, Frank Tchitcherine, and Vladimir Eristavi Tchitcherine.  I'm interested in sharing this information of their time in Russia, France, and the US..  However, as there are so many details and threads, specific questions are best.  Thanks in advance.
Clementine de Vere
Eristavi Tchitcherine
Charles de Vere
Frank Godsol
Elise de Vere
Frank Tchitcherine
Julia Ferrett