Author Topic: Diary > Monday 8th February  (Read 1234 times)

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Monday 8th February
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 09 February 21 01:14 GMT (UK) »
Think I must like trash then.. 😂😂 it’s as far removed from reality as you can get but an interesting twist... I’m just a sucker for period things.... only seen three episodes so far so may well get bored of it!

Ruskie - yes pipes go from oil tank outside along the fence down a wall under concrete path and patio slabs to enter the back of the kitchen wall where the boiler is! Apparently there was detritus in the filter from the tank! There’s a filter as it leaves the tank and another one in the pump... eh excuse me but isn’t that what filters do... filter out the rubbish... engineer didn’t have an answer when OH asked him that very question!

Diana - agree you ought to speak to your docs rather than google! He might have something useful info for you... I hate to say but you’re notinneed of hip replacement are you?

Caroline

Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 09 February 21 01:23 GMT (UK) »
Caroline, didn’t mean to imply that you like trash  ;) , my daughter just knows I like more traditional shows...watched All Creatures Great and Small tonight, that’s my speed, but some might find it too dull!
I have thought I might need a hip replacement but I really don’t know.  It doesn’t hurt all the time, which I assume that would.  Piraformis syndrome, which can trigger sciatica, can become chronic without physio, etc. and I did go for physio for two years off and on.  Covid is stopping me from going back.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 09 February 21 01:27 GMT (UK) »
Haha, I like trashy programmes sometimes, and love period dramas Caroline.

I mentioned this previously, but have you seen Gentleman Jack? I’ve only seen a couple of episodes so far but it seems quite interesting, and based on a true story. Something quite different.  :)

Another left of centre one which I wasn’t sure I wanted to watch, but ended up getting involved in was Harlots. There are a couple of series of that one. Fairly historically accurate I believe - though (I hope) some of the characters were not based on real people.  ::)

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 09 February 21 01:31 GMT (UK) »
Ruskie, my daughters actually recommended Harlots! I might give it a try. 
Isn’t it amazing that we are all over the world, and we have access to the same shows.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 09 February 21 01:47 GMT (UK) »
Ruskie, my daughters actually recommended Harlots! I might give it a try. 
Isn’t it amazing that we are all over the world, and we have access to the same shows.

Yes, it is. The hardest thing to get my head around is that they are now releasing entire series in one go, so you don’t have to watch an episode per week as you normally would do.

Although not a new series, and there are several of them (running from 2015 to 2019), but have you seen Poldark? Myself and OH really enjoyed it.  :)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 09 February 21 01:51 GMT (UK) »
Woke up to snow yesterday although it stopped later in the day.   Today we had light snow all day.   After a lot of thought I phoned the dentists to cancel my appointment for tomorrow.   Whilst the main roads through town will be clear I know my own road isn't and nor will the road where the dentists is either.   Even if I opted to go by taxi I know that you can only enter the surgery a few minutes before your appointment (advised to sit in your car until then) but being dropped off in a taxi I could end up standing outside for ages, and again after the appointment waiting for another taxi.   Decided it just wasn't worth it.   When I spoke to the receptionist she said that today they were only working half a day as so many patients had cancelled and will probably be the same tomorrow.   I now have another appointment in 2 weeks time.

Forgot - again - that Long Lost Family was on tonight so will have to watch on catch-up tomorrow.   Usual kind of day, watched some tv - Murdoch Mysteries, QI, Midsomer Murders - did some sudoku and started a new jigsaw.

A hot drink now, a little Rootschat, and then time for bed.

Keep warm and safe.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 09 February 21 15:33 GMT (UK) »

Although not a new series, and there are several of them (running from 2015 to 2019), but have you seen Poldark? Myself and OH really enjoyed it.  :)

I only watch it to drool over Aiden Turner.  ;D The story is okay too.  :)

Annette, I think you made the right choice to postpone your appointment if you're not happy driving in the snow, pleased to hear your new appointment is not far off.
I see they called the storm Darcy, I wonder if the little one will grow up to be as forceful.  :)

Long lost family was good, a different sort of story for the Chinese lady.

Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 10 February 21 00:12 GMT (UK) »
I forgot to reply about my mobile phone - my old one is a Google Nexus 4 (9 years old), this new one is a Samsung A21s - I've held off for so long because a lot of phones still don't have the features I already had on my old phone. Like a digital compass, and wireless charging. This new phone doesn't have wireless charging, but I've added a thing that sticks under the case that brings that capability.

I'm starting to get used to where the buttons are niw, but still occasionally hit the power button instead of the volume control. Argh!

My old phone still lives on streaming the radio!

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 10 February 21 00:29 GMT (UK) »
I'm fascinated by this, I wasn't aware that wireless charging was available for mobile phones. Mine is also a Samsung, my model would need the stick on thing too, comes at a price of around £15. I would then need the wireless charger, also from around £15, so a total of about £30. Think I'll stick with the plug for the moment but thanks for the info.   :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales