Author Topic: Diary - Weds 10th February  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Weds 10th February
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 11 February 21 17:39 GMT (UK) »
Jo, I was told early on in the pandemic that my dentist would treat any emergencies, I haven't tried to contact him as it isn't bothering me, I'm prepared to wait. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case for MH.  :(
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 11 February 21 17:46 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jo. I might do that.
People with private dental care facilities are being seen, but not NHS patients at my practise, and everywhere else I have approached locally is not accepting new NHS patients, though they will accept private patients.

My own dentist has a re-routing phone service which redirects me to a number in a nearby city, where they discuss if it is an emergency, (pain levels 1 - 10) advise me to buy a DIY filling kit from a chemist, or at a push might prescribe antibiotics, which isn't what I need and doesn't solve the problem. :'(
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 11 February 21 17:55 GMT (UK) »
Good luck MH.

The new arrval sounds like a little beauty!  :D
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Offline jo1962

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 11 February 21 18:48 GMT (UK) »
I really don't know how dentists are getting away with not treating NHS patients.  It's unacceptable. Please do contact health watch, there will be a a branch for your local area.  I work for my local health watch. Trust me, all complaints and concerns are taken seriously and investigated.
Best wishes
Jo

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 11 February 21 19:09 GMT (UK) »
I will see if l can get hold of them.
There is an office in the library building, but l don't know if it is open.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 11 February 21 23:35 GMT (UK) »
So many posts... not had time to catch up today as you’ll read in Thursdays diary....

Pleased to hear your little one is doing well MH... and wonderful you’ve been able to see him... albeit by video! Hope your BP settles down too...

Roobarb - glad you got your Tesco order sorted... constant internet use can play havoc these days when trying to do the essentials... you’re putting me to shame with your Pilates.... and great to get stuck into your newest art project.

Ruskie - you’re lucky to get to a dentist... although not my favourite place... we’ve not been now since 2019! Got at appointment for April so hope all will be well...
Home made bread is the best and well worth waiting for!
Your Dad sounds like a real trouper doing all that heavy work at his age... they don’t make them like they used to do they!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 12 February 21 00:13 GMT (UK) »
Re avoiding going to the dentist if you know you have some work that needs to be done such as a broken filling, chipped tooth .... although you can get around it by chewing on the other side, you should get it seen to as soon as possible. Some years ago I had a couple of broken fillings which I left for ages. When I eventually got to the dentist he told me it was lucky I hadn’t left it any longer as there was decay.

I think teeth are like cars - if you don’t get the repair early it can lead to more problems and more expense down the track.

I know the system is different in the UK. Our dentists are all private. I think those on low incomes might go to dental hospitals for treatment - but I imagine the wait would be years and being accepted might be means tested. I have no knowledge of how it works. A basic checkup with scale and polish at my dentist costs AU$150. My bill was AU$416.  ::) We used to have private health insurance which covered dental but after doing the sums we opted out of that component of the insurance.

My father is a tough old sod. His doctor regularly tries to find something wrong with him, but the best he can manage is to prescribe some medication to regulate his slightly fluctuating BP.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 12 February 21 00:29 GMT (UK) »
Oh heck Ruskie, you're scaring me now!  :o  I think it's a bit of a bigger filling that's come away, mine is a private dentist but I don't really want to go at the moment. Maybe I'll hang on a bit longer......  :-[
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 12 February 21 03:19 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you Roobarb.  :(  Dentists are bit scary at the best of times, even more scary during a pandemic.  ;D I’m sure they will have all the precautions in place.