Author Topic: Elizabeth MANN buried St Thomas's Churchyard Halifax 1911  (Read 698 times)

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth MANN buried St Thomas's Churchyard Halifax 1911
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 21 February 21 01:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosie99,

I have taken another look at this and you could be on the right track.

Also buried in St Thomas's churchyard is Joseph Mann who died 22 July 1900.  His wife is Elizabeth Mann nee Halliday.  They married in 1855 in Halifax.

John Mann who died on 25 May 1906 and is also buried in the churchyard married Mary Mann nee Holmes in 1844 in Halifax.

I wonder if John born 1825 and Joseph born 1821 both born Halifax were siblings?  This would make Elizabeth, John's sister-in-law.

Hi again TPB ... (following on NZ thread)

I think the Joseph MANN born 1821 you refer to here, was the illegitimate son of Sarah MANN.
Baptism record - born 3 January 1821 - bapt. 17 June 1821 - s/o Sarah MANN - spinster - St John the Baptist Church, Halifax.

In 1851 this Joseph MANN - 30 - unmarried - stone mason - b. H/fax is in the household of George PARKINSON, stone mason - 50 and his wife Sarah (51).   Added on the census return is the word "illegitimate" above word "son" (so, s/o Sarah PARKINSON, but not of George ? ) .

In 1861 - at Halifax,  Joseph MANN - 40 - mason  is with wife Elizabeth - 39 - (wrong on index as 29) ... their daughter Mary Ellen - 5 and Joseph's mother-in-law, Martha HALLIDAY - 64 ... all born Halifax.

~  Lu

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 21 February 21 01:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi TPB

Once I've  sorted them all, will post (on NZ thread) names of children of Robert and Lydia MANN.
Haven't to date,  found a Joseph amongst them.    All children of this couple, appear to have been baptised in the Salem Methodist New Connexion Church, Halifax.

~  Lu

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 21 February 21 20:14 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Rosie99 and Lucy2 for your postings.
This is not the correct family so will close this posting.
Thanks for all your assistance.

TPB