Author Topic: Diary > Saturday 13th February  (Read 1885 times)

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Saturday 13th February
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 16 February 21 17:37 GMT (UK) »
I know enough to present myself with jacket off and bare arms ready. Whichever arm suits them, I don't care!   :) :)

If you sleep on your side then maybe best to have it in the arm you don't lie on, this was suggested to me by a nurse who did have an aching arm after the jab.  ;D
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 16 February 21 19:58 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for all the good wishes re the horse , the  new stables phoned my daughter to say that  he had lain down and was cantering round the field .
In my ignorance I thought horses slept standing up, ,but no, they doze on their feet but need an hour of REM sleep.
The conclusion we can draw is it was something that happened in the old stall he had at the former stables, probably whatever scarred his side that was in his bedding.
FH is overjoyed ,he can see the field from his Grumbelow!
The horse is still to go to Newmarket Vet’s ,there are other issues ,the neck stiffening etc.to be sorted out.
Did not see the lady with dogs today, but had a lovely sunny walk and a long over the fence chat with a neighbour ,then when bringing washing in another over the fence chat with a different neighbour .
Well all my Summer clothes have come , good fit . let’s hope we can
get out more this Summer.
Enjoyed pancakes for tea, as only me here did not bother tossing any !
Lent now. So no chocs ,no sweets, no cakes, —- not that I ever saw the point in that.
Numbers down, so a bit of light.
Well I am off to watch naughty dogs being taught how to behave , they are mostly just mis understood.
Cheerio .Viktoria.

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 18 February 21 19:37 GMT (UK) »
Well saw dog lady today, she was a bit frazzled ,the barky one had been a pest, but  it was very windy and dead leaves etc were whirling about ,remembering the children on the yard at playtime when it was windy!!!!
They were daft!
She said she was on the point of giving him to me!
Well I need a bit of time ,get things ready but she did not actually mean it,was just frazzled .
As with others I too had a bad night so decided it was time my ever ready hospital bag was freshened up, all clothes nighties D ,Gown washed,towels, medication list updated ,pen and notebook ,writing paper and stamps .
Toiletries etc .Medication list updated.
I was rushed in so frequently after my heart attack ,and OH panicked ,so keep it all ready ,but no harm in freshening it up.
Made Carrot and coriander soup today.
A lady killed in an explosion in the nearby village of Summerseat, reached on foot from Ramsbottom via an old setted street .Starling Street is colloquially
Shepsters Row ,worn by thousands of clogs passing along to Joshua Hoyle’s
enormous mill ,famous for soft  towels.
Not many details as yet.

The Mars “ visit” is very exciting —— we will see!
Hope Prince Philip improves, gosh he was so handsome!

Cheerio folks ,hope all is well with you all , and better for those not sleeping .
Viktoria.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 18 February 21 22:00 GMT (UK) »
I read in the news about the lady who was killed in the explosion, such a dreadful thing to happen.

Hope you enjoyed your soup Viktoria and that you sleep well tonight.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 19 February 21 15:38 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Roobarb .
I did sleep well.
Flash Harry has his “ etch a sketch “ thingy” do you know he has been “wanting one of them all his life!”

He and his Daddy mucked out the horse today,because FH is strong. ::)
Horse is much more settled ,but tests next week ,so we will see.

Got a chicken for  weekend ,the milk lady has only had  2L containers this week, so milk pudding time again, got semolina and rice to choose from .
Isn’t Bird’s Custard a shadow if it’s firmer self- oops ! typo ,but fitting!
I meant former self.

Still waiting to hear about the poor soul killed in the explosion , age at first report  was 72 but last night given as 62.

No walk today  so some indoor exercises to be done.

Friend sends fantastic  videos ,have me laughing out loud  but I don’t know how to send them without personal details .

Hope RTL is OK now - back on her hard shifts I believe.

Well Prince Harry is further away from us now ,what a pity, I did not think this would happen ,did wonder how long the marriage would last though.
The Queen has as usual stuck to the official protocol,  and
 I am not sure what else she could do.
I think it a great pity that a woman of colour- sorry if that is not the correct description - is now away from The Royal Family,what a good ambassadress she could have been had they stayed.
A lost opportunity if ever there was one.

Well ,must get on, ,first email my friend .
Cheerio everyone ,look after yourselves,.
Viktoria.