Author Topic: 1904 Italian Marriage Banns - One line I need help with  (Read 957 times)

Offline Zacktyr

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My little paperweight!
    • View Profile
Re: 1904 Italian Marriage Banns - One line I need help with
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 18 February 21 16:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Monica,

Thank you very much for that information.  Yes, the headstone does encompass all of the people in this family.  WOW!!!  I'm so stunned that you could knock me over with a feather.  So, it does look, now, that "Glasgow" is the correct word from my one line, shown above.

Now, a whole new avenue of research to pursue with the added names of Amabile's parents.  Leonello, or Nello, and his wife married in Barga, Italy, 18 June 1904, so he must have gone back to Italy between 1901 and 1904.

Thank you again. 

Susan
CRN-Hocking
DVN-Bickle.Doble.Harris.Hill.Nrthcte
KEN-Austen.Bodeker.Collard.Dodd.Duncan.Eaton.Gregry.Hammnd.Herman.Hills.Hodgs.Ivysn.
James.Kemp.Milstd.Nut.Owlet.Ruck.Spilet.Terry.Tilby.Thmsn.Walker
SOM-Baker.Clatworthy.Linton.Parker.Smith.Stone.Twose
ABD-Barclay.Cruickshank.McKenzie.Shepherd.Club
LKS-Douglas.Gunn.Turner
MLN-Dicks/Dickson.Duff.Lindsay.Young
SHI-Bain.Cluness.Fordyce.Gray.Petrie
ASSISTANCE PROVIDED HERE IS FROM MY OWN DIRECT EXPERIENCE & NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 18 February 21 17:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Susan

I am so pleased it all fits!

Looks like Amabile came to Scotland at some point to be with her son and family. Her death shows on Scotlands People (can be viewed online). Likely this is the source of her parents' names as this info is included on Scottish death certs.

AMABILE DA PRATO
Age 71
607/ 22
Muirkirk, Ayrshire

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 18 February 21 17:34 GMT (UK) »
Have a look through this document (use the search tool for Prato, big document  ::)). The family stayed in Muirkirk and surrounding areas for many years and prospered with small business in the town it seems. A slice of their life here...

Cairntable Recollections - Ayrshire History
www.ayrshirehistory.com › pdf › cairntable_recollections

Monica

Offline Zacktyr

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My little paperweight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 18 February 21 20:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Monica

Thanks so much for sending along this latest information.  You're right that Cairntable Recollections is a big document.  I've saved that and will look at it over the weekend.  Yes, I believe you're right, Amabile's parents' names must have been drawn from the GRO death registration.  I'll have to take out more credits on Scotland's People.  When I'm working in a foreign country like Italy, it seems that all my knowledge of my native countries goes out the window.

Many thanks, again.

Susan
CRN-Hocking
KEN-Austen.Bodeker.Collard.Dodd.Duncan.Eaton.Gregry.Hammnd.Herman.Hills.Hodgs.Ivysn.
LKS-Douglas.Gunn.Turner
ASSISTANCE PROVIDED HERE IS FROM MY OWN DIRECT EXPERIENCE & NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 18 February 21 20:51 GMT (UK) »
Use the search tool to find the references... ;)

Just from the index for 1911 on SP brings up this family members:

NELLODA 31
IOLANDA 24
NELLO 6
GEMMA 4
UMBERTO 2
AMABILE 60

Maybe mother came to Scotland with them after their wedding? The original info will give you all the further details on the entry.

Monica

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 18 February 21 21:03 GMT (UK) »
If you have a subscription to Ancestry, I see that there are a number of family trees for this line. They include photos of the family and also documents.

If you can access, this is one tree for example www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tree/person/tree/173606050/person/202255577407/facts

Monica

Offline danbonino

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 21 February 22 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Use the search tool to find the references... ;)

Just from the index for 1911 on SP brings up this family members:

NELLODA 31
IOLANDA 24
NELLO 6
GEMMA 4
UMBERTO 2
AMABILE 60

Maybe mother came to Scotland with them after their wedding? The original info will give you all the further details on the entry.

Monica

Hi there

I think there may be a connection to the Da Pratos in my family but I can’t quite figure it out yet. In Belfast in 1889 my great x 3 aunt Mary Chavrine married an Antonio Da Prato born in Barga in 1866. They ended up in Glasgow and had two sons Louis and Joseph who also had families in Glasgow. Antonio’s brother Giuseppe also came to Glasgow. He married Maria Pieraccini in Barga. They had several children incl Raffaello b 1907, Carlo b 1909 and Antonio b 1911. It looks as if Antonio was born during a trip back to Barga which led to him being interred and deported in 1940. But after the war he eventually settled in Ayrshire (Saltcoats and Ardrossan). He died in 1984 but had at least one son that I know of who passed away just in 2015. I guess there will have been other children too. Perhaps it was a connection with your Da Pratos that took him and his family to Ayrshire...?

Dan

Offline Zacktyr

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My little paperweight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 21 February 22 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Dan,

Unless you have an exact birthdate you'll need to look for about 3 to 5 years on either side of 1866.
 You will want to do some hands-on research in the following two archives that offer free online original registers and original images:

1.  https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/?type=registry - this archive has the parish registers pre-1866 and it's best to search by place, rather than by surname.  Some years have an annual index but not 1865.

2.  https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/820379?availability=Family%20History%20Library - I have already got you to the civil registration listings for Barga with this link.  If you do not already have a free account with Family Search you will be required to open one before you will be able to actually get to the records.  Then, once you are at the link destination you will see what records are available for viewing online.  Look to the right-hand side of the listing.  If there is a camera icon you can view those online.  You'll notice that, further down the page, there is a decennial index that has not yet been digitized - the film reel icon.  So, you will have to go through page by page until you find your fellow.

Happy hunting.  Unfortunately, I was only looking into the one family member and have not expanded the family tree beyond him.

CRN-Hocking
LKS-Douglas.Gunn.Turner

Offline johndaprato

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 04 April 22 17:50 BST (UK) »
This is my family !
Nello and Iolanda were my father’s parents. What do you want to know ?