Author Topic: Robert Mallett  (Read 4920 times)

Offline aldamile

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Robert Mallett
« on: Sunday 28 August 05 14:26 BST (UK) »
Hi, I was hoping that someone could help ,In the 1901 census ,Robert Mallett was living in  Tanfield ,He was born in Reedham ,Norfolk and was the half brother of  Benjamin Hanton  .Has anyone looked into the family history ? and been able to  find  anything   about their mother Susan Mallett who married George Hanton , She was born in 1847 ,married about 1870 and died in 1879.I can only find her living with her grand-mother in Reedham at the age of four ,no mention of parents .
Thanks ,love Daphne   

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Mallett
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 August 05 20:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Daphne

Susan and her siblings or cousins are also with her grandmother in Reedham in 1861.

Here is her marriage to George HANTON.

Norfolk Blofield

Sept quarter 1870

Volume 4b   Page 357

If you obtain the cert it should provide her father's name and occupation.

kind regards, Arranroots

(source freebmd)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline aldamile

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 29 August 05 13:16 BST (UK) »
Thank you Arranroots ,I have  requested a copy of the birth certificate for Susan Mallett  ,but as I had no page number,and was unsure of the quarter   etc, I  have reservations about recieving it ,so the other information you have given me will allow me to go a little further ,thank you and regards from Daphne . :-*

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 29 August 05 13:41 BST (UK) »
I hope the cert arrives OK.  This appears to be Susan's birth on freebmd:

1846 December quarter

Blofield    Volume 13     Page 22

Hope this helps.

Have you requested an 1851 look-up specifically - that should tie her parents down, with a bit of luck.

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline aldamile

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 30 August 05 15:07 BST (UK) »
Hello again,I am going to try and have some time at the Family History Centre in London ,but again thank you Dear Arranroots for your help .there was no snailmail for me today ,so it could be that I have sent the Registry Office off onto the wrong track ,.
Cheers from Daphne

Offline aldamile

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 01 September 05 16:22 BST (UK) »
Hello Arranroots ,I recieved the Birth certificate today ,and it only shows a mother, Her name was Harriot Mallett ,that is the spelling on the certificate,but at least I am that little bit further ,so thank you ,regards from Daphne 

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 01 September 05 17:53 BST (UK) »
Had another look at the 1861 census and decided it is worth posting it, to see if you can untangle the generation later!

RG9/1227   11   10

MALLETT Elizabeth H W 78 - Littleburgh
MALLETT Charlotte gt grandau M 21 - Hardley?
MALLETT Susan gdau 13 - scholar (natl school) - Reedham
MALLETT Sarah gt gdau 2 - ditto
MALLETT William gt gdau (!) 4 months - ditto
LAWS Stephen gson U 36 - ostler - ditto

Address: Cottage, Reedham, Norfolk

If you can find Harriot in 1851 it might help?

Arranroots  ;)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 01 September 05 18:03 BST (UK) »
On a more optimistic note - here they are in 1871

RG10/1829   21   35

HANTON George H M 22 - rwy lab
HANTON Susan W M 23
HANTON Robert son 3
HANTON Elizabeth dau 4 months

All born Reedham

Address: Low Farm Road, Reedham

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Offline aldamile

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 02 September 05 14:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Arranroots , The nursery rhyme Their was an old lady who lived in a shoe comes to mind,Poor Elizabeth at 78 landed with all those children .But joking apart ,thank you very much for the 1861 census information ,At least I do not have to look that up on Tuesday ,when I go to the records office ,hopefully I will be able to find Harriot,kind regards from Daphne