Author Topic: Louth Lodge dunmore  (Read 3202 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Louth Lodge dunmore
« Reply #9 on: Friday 02 September 22 12:51 BST (UK) »
Hi. I'm not 100 per cent of my grandad mum name. As from I have been told she passed away in child birth. I have been told 2 possible a mary Anne Brady who married a James Brady or a Catherine Larkin who married a Francis Brady. I have found a death certificate for Mary Ann Brady who passed away in child birth. Catherine Larkin death certificate is years after my grandad was born

What about these details you mentioned?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Dotty13

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 02 September 22 12:53 BST (UK) »
Mary Anne Brady passed away in Cavan in child birth. James and Bridget lived at louth lodge in 1941 when my dad Michael Brady was born and his siblings Like I said I have 2 possible set of parents for my grandad that I need to look in to. From the information I have been told is. My grandad was a twin and had another sibling and his mother passed away in child birth and they father left them in a orphanage that all I know

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 02 September 22 12:54 BST (UK) »
There is a James Brady born 18 May 1920 Galway registration district- mother's maiden name Kelly (unfortunately certificate not online)

If Mary Anne Brady died in Cavan where does Galway come into this?

Offline Dotty13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 02 September 22 12:55 BST (UK) »
My nana is from galway and apparently that where my grandad meet my nana and that where my dad and his siblings were born

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 02 September 22 12:59 BST (UK) »
My nana is from galway and apparently that where my grandad meet my nana and that where my dad and his siblings were born

Yes, but that doesn't mean your GRANDFATHER was born in Galway which is what you've led us to believe.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 02 September 22 13:05 BST (UK) »
From an earlier thread-
I am busy doing my family tree and my grandad was born 1919 and his mother passed away giving birth to him and his sister and his father put them in a orphanage can anyone tell me where I would be able to get any information from I know he married a Bridget cunningham and he was called James Brady. I would be so grateful for any help thank you

Lots of searching was already done for you on that thread. There's also another thread-
Hello
I wonder if someone can help me I'm busy doing my family tree and I have found the marriage of my grandparents
James Brady and Mary Cunningham in 1940 in Dublin the marriage has got the names of both fathers on. Wish is a Joseph Brady and Patrick cunningham. My grand dad mother passed away in child birth and I'm struggling to find his mother. I was told James father put him and his siblings in a orphanage and was never since again so I have hit a brick wall now
Any help or information would be amazing
Thank you

Offline Dotty13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 02 September 22 13:07 BST (UK) »
I have all thought that my Grandad was from Galway. But from what I have all been told just recently is that he was from out of the area. I have done a dna test with find my past and put it on ged match and my top one is 53cm and the name is a Alice Tobin Kelly with mrca 4.
I going to see what church around near where my nana lived and see if I can find a marriage for them and honestly take it from there

Offline Dotty13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 02 September 22 13:10 BST (UK) »
My nana called Bridget Cunningham her father was called Michael Cunningham so it turned out that wasn't they marriage. Her father passed away in 1910 her brother was called Patrick and they wouldn't of put her brother name on her marriage certificate

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 02 September 22 13:11 BST (UK) »
Suggest you read through those 2 other threads. Birth found earlier-
There is a public tree on Ancestry which has this baptism image linked as his:
James Christopher BRADY bap 25 Jun 1916, parents: Michael BRADY and Mary MURRAY at Terenure.

It says he was adopted 1919 and married Bridget CUNNINGHAM in 1938, though no sources are given.

There are photographs.  :)

Modified to add:
The tree also says he was born 11 May 1919, so I don't see how he could be baptised in 1916. Something's not right