Author Topic: John Waymick (Waymack-Weymick-Winick) circa 1760  (Read 214 times)

Offline Fitz1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Waymick (Waymack-Weymick-Winick) circa 1760
« on: Thursday 18 February 21 07:34 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find a marriage for him.
His wife’s name is thought to be Sarah Johnstone. Her surname has been taken from the baptism record for their son William Waywick baptised 20 Apr 1796 St George in the East, Tower Hamlets, Middlesex. (London Metropolitan Archives, Saint George in the East, Register of baptisms, Jan 1795 - Dec 1808, P93/GEO/005).
There are two other children James Waymick baptised 23 Jun 1802 Saint George in The East, Stepney and Amelia Christiana Winick Baptised 16 Sep 1804 St George in the East, Tower Hamlets, Middlesex (These two documents only indicate the mothers name as Sarah).
Most of their lives were spent living in and around the Meeting House Alley Area St George in The East Middlesex.
Any assistance will be appreciated.

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: John Waymick (Waymack-Weymick-Winick) circa 1760
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 February 21 15:28 GMT (UK) »
Haven't found a marriage for them, but have found a document stating John born 1756, aged 50years living with his wife Sarah, in 1806 at Upper Gun Alley, Wapping, Middlesex. It is headed British Mariners Trinity House Calendars 1787-1854, and seems to refer to supervision of Lighthouses, buoys etc. around the English coast. Some sort of petition for sailors on hard times at Trinity House.
Regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline Fitz1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: John Waymick (Waymack-Weymick-Winick) circa 1760
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 February 21 06:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello Paco,
Although I was aware of the entry in 1806 from Trinity House Petitions index (Series 1) showing them in Upper Gun Alley, I have not as yet been able to find a copy of the document.
Can you advise as to where I can find a copy of the relevant entry ?
In 1810 the Land tax records show them as in New Round Court St Martin in the fields Westminster, and from about 1818 until his death in 1830 they were in Meeting House Alley St George in the East Tower Hamlets London.

Thank you