Author Topic: Diary > Thursday 18th February  (Read 693 times)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Thursday 18th February
« Reply #9 on: Friday 19 February 21 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Blimy Ruskie that’s not a very nice situation to have ... glad for you that it’s all been resolved...good to hear your areas starting vaccinations on Monday...

Carole lovely to see you back posting... good news you’re also starting the vaccinations too...
Hope all is well with you and you’re enjoying the produce from your garden!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Thursday 18th February
« Reply #10 on: Friday 19 February 21 16:50 GMT (UK) »
Good to know Oz and NZ are starting a vaccination roll out.  Slightly unusual for a siege situation so close by I imagine Ruskie?
Roobarb, I was in a bodywarmer for our walk yesterday, but as you say, it is back to winter drawers on today!!  ;)
Caroline, good news your friend is recovering from the virus, and how fab to know a Chinook pilot. We had one pass over here this week, Tuesday perhaps? I wonder how many there are in England/Uk? We see them a few times each year, assume they are on the way to the Plymouth naval base? They do sound different to the other helicopters, which go over far more frequently.
Thursday was a reasonably pleasant day, sandwiched between howling winds throughout the nights, and plenty of rain to go with it. Had to get up and close the window again after lying awake for a couple of hours. Sounds like much of the Uk had the same.
Had a walk out, through the back streets to Oldway Mansion, as we heard the Rotunda, (which was originally built as a therapy pool for horses, I believe,) had been badly damaged in a second fire recently.  Thankfully there has been only one fire, and no further damage has been done.
It is totally boarded up now; every window and door.  It looks like fencing may have been cut by the vandals, to achieve access.
Found a pretty bank of primroses in flower nearby.
On the return we searched for the passion flower fruits, but either they had been picked, or the hedge had been cut, as we couldn't find them to photograph. I would describe them as an apricot colour, though H said they were yellow!  :-\
5 cruise ships at anchor.
Nothing much else to report. H got very excited about the landing on Mars.
I watched the garden makeover programme too Roobarb. Was absolutely staggered by the amount spent on the larger garden!!
What a brilliant chap, from Liverpool, who did the tiny garden. I was impressed by him, and his mini water feature.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.