Author Topic: Anne Bedford Bromsgrove England  (Read 487 times)

Offline Jane Martin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anne Bedford Bromsgrove England
« on: Friday 19 February 21 12:57 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon, my apologies if I have posted my question in the wrong place, but I am looking for a girl called Anne who was born in 1789 and who married William Bedford and baptised children with him in Shoreditch from 1816. The  1841 census says both the couple came from outside London, which is not very specific, but in 1851 after the death of her husband she said she came from Bromsgrove, was 62 and was working as a laundress. This is the only clue I have. I cannot find her in any of the other censuses, although she had 3 sons in London in 1861.
I have however found a marriage between William Bedford and Ann Tilt in Marylebone in 1815, and I see that Tilt is a name which occurs in Bromsgrove registers.
Please do you have any likely girls called Anne Tilt or any other Annes born the right time? I should be most grateful for any help. :)

Offline Jane Martin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anne Bedford Bromsgrove England
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 April 21 17:29 BST (UK) »
Lookup request for Bromsgrove

I am now fairly convinced that  Ann Tilt (bap 9/2/1791, Bromsgrove) was my ancestor. Please could someone lookup possible marriages for her parents William Tilt and Mary? I have come across a reported marriage between William Tilt and Mary Norbury in 1779 but not seen any evidence to confirm that this record exists or that it is the only possible or likely marriage. Thank you!

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)