Author Topic: Booking your flights and hotels for your Summer holiday?  (Read 3625 times)

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Booking your flights and hotels for your Summer holiday?
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 03 March 21 03:10 GMT (UK) »

Other than that, we love Monkton Old Hall and the West Blockhouse in Pembrokeshire, the Danescome (Arsenic) Mine and Arra Venton in Cornwall, Gurney Manor in Somerset, most of the ones in North Wales... (I could go on...:-)
One still very much on my wish list is Fort Clonque in the Channel Islands!

Romilly.

Just so long as you just looked at the mine, and did not lick your fingers after the visit. ;D ;D

Years ago we went close to the asbestos mine at Wittenoom in Western Australia. Did not get close as it was closed off at quite a distance. Did take a couple of photos of asbestos crystals in a rock some way away :P

AC

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 03 March 21 19:01 GMT (UK) »
I definitely shan't be booking with the company which compiled a list of Irish names it didn't want as clients.
Cowban

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 12 March 21 08:15 GMT (UK) »
I won't be leaving Great Britain or easing precautions when out or inside.

Spain is in a Third Coronavirus Wave according to TV news (England) this week.

Our Professors Chris Whitty and Sir Patrick Vallance were before a Parliamentary Committee (London) this week and some questions and points made were quite interesting.

9th March 2021
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/03/09/yes-vaccines-triumph-chris-whitty-has-warning-anyone-getting/

Added:
Science and Technology Committee
Tuesday 9 March 2021 Meeting started at 9.30am, ended 12.02pm

https://www.parliamentlive.tv/Search
The following search in the 'Keyword' box ... 09/03/2021 Vallance Whitty
finds a recording.

Mark

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 13 March 21 02:40 GMT (UK) »
Here in Oz, the Commonwealth government is trying to con us in NSW to fly to Queensland to help their tourism industry to recover from the lockdowns by the Queensland Premier.

A lot of people are saying no way, the Qld government did the lockdowns, now they want the rest of the country to help them recover. Also a lot of people I know are taking the attitude, will the borders remain open, or will they shut them down AFTER people have spent their money but not yet gone away. :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 13 March 21 07:55 GMT (UK) »
Here in Oz, the Commonwealth government is trying to con us in NSW to fly to Queensland to help their tourism industry to recover from the lockdowns by the Queensland Premier.

A lot of people are saying no way, the Qld government did the lockdowns, now they want the rest of the country to help them recover. Also a lot of people I know are taking the attitude, will the borders remain open, or will they shut them down AFTER people have spent their money but not yet gone away. :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

My Son lives in QLD and has said half price flights are being offered within the country but hotels etc have increased their prices to try and recover what they’ve lost through not being open.... he and his wife will not be taking up any of these offers either!
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK