Author Topic: John Craven b ~1825 emigrated to America 1846 to Louisiana from County Roscommon  (Read 3850 times)

Offline AngloIrishSam

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Craven b ~1825 emigrated to America 1846 to Louisiana from County Roscommon
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 16:56 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou for sharing. Didn’t see that link, just saw Taughmaconnell townland 😂

Offline Jecraven

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Craven b ~1825 emigrated to America 1846 to Louisiana from County Roscommon
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 08 January 23 02:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello I have been doing my family tree since 1980. After my brother did the Ancestry DNA and told me about the Craven’ in Stockton California it all came together but still skeptical. I now have proof besides DNA that one we look like them but most importantly the Craven family reunion in Stockton around 1904 states in the newspaper that it was attended by their cousin from New Orleans Thomas Joseph Craven my grandfather brother. Anything you want is on geneanet. It’s free to join but you don’t have to. Punch in any Craven from New Orleans and the tree will show up. John was the brother to Daniel my great grandfather and Lawrence. Their mother Mary is buried in St. Patrick cemetery number 1. Daniel had a huge family and each child had a large family. This ought to answer a lot of your questions and yea they were devoted Catholics. Daniel granddaughter from his son Joseph was a nun buried in Notre Dame University.Joe