Author Topic: Ashburton, Timaru and Canterbury area School Records  (Read 690 times)

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ashburton, Timaru and Canterbury area School Records
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 02 March 21 23:10 GMT (UK) »

I did call into the Mosgiel Branch of the Dunedin Library on Monday when the NZSG had a drop in session, but they didn't have access to the Canterbury records unfortunately.

... the link I gave was for main Dunedin library (not Mosgiel)  :)

If the NZSG "Kiwi Collection v.2 CD" is available at main Dunedin Library (or even at a session of the NZSG in Mosgiel),  then it will have school (APW) records for the whole of New Zealand (Canterbury included).  :)

~  Lu

Offline Tikva

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 03 March 21 05:14 GMT (UK) »

Helen Clark, born 13 Feb 1884

While living in Mosgiel Bush, Helen Clark attended Mosgiel School on the 17 Feb 1890, and left on the 17 Dec 1891, to go to North Taieri.  Guardian was Wm Clark and birth date has been recorded as 13 Feb 1884.

Cheers
KHP

Thanks KHP - I've accessed the local records already and did see that one for Helen.  Found an entry for Alice as well, but it was some kind of night class if I recall.
Sinnamon (and variants); Black; McBreen; Brady. - Northern Ireland & New Zealand
Liggins, Liggons, Liggens (and variants) - Warwickshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire & New Zealand
Padman (family very much involved in early Wesleyan Church) - England, Australia and New Zealand
Oxley - England, Australia and New Zealand

Offline Tikva

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 03 March 21 05:15 GMT (UK) »

I did call into the Mosgiel Branch of the Dunedin Library on Monday when the NZSG had a drop in session, but they didn't have access to the Canterbury records unfortunately.

... the link I gave was for main Dunedin library (not Mosgiel)  :)

If the NZSG "Kiwi Collection v.2 CD" is available at main Dunedin Library (or even at a session of the NZSG in Mosgiel),  then it will have school (APW) records for the whole of New Zealand (Canterbury included).  :)

~  Lu

I plan on phoning the Dunedin Library tomorrow to find out if they have access - been a busy day otherwise would have called them already.
Sinnamon (and variants); Black; McBreen; Brady. - Northern Ireland & New Zealand
Liggins, Liggons, Liggens (and variants) - Warwickshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire & New Zealand
Padman (family very much involved in early Wesleyan Church) - England, Australia and New Zealand

Offline Tikva

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 09 March 21 04:25 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately the Dunedin Library do not have access to the Kiwi Collection V2.  So, not sure where to from here in that regard.

On another note, if someone has access to the Otago APW's, it turns out that Helen Clark was sometimes known as Nellie Clark, so is there anyone there who could do a search of those ones for a Nellie?  All good if not, as will try to figure out a time to go back into the Hocken Library.