Author Topic: Sources of burial records Salford RD 1837 and 1847?  (Read 368 times)

Offline Glen in Tinsel Kni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
Sources of burial records Salford RD 1837 and 1847?
« on: Tuesday 02 March 21 16:59 GMT (UK) »
I've had a fair bit of success locating burials in my Goulson family but a stray family are eluding me with deaths prior to the cemeteries act.

Benjamin Goulson d1847 Salford Union RD
Hannah Goulson d 15 Jul 1837 Salford RD

I have the baptism for Hannah (nee Armitage) at Wakefield as a non con record, news cutting death announcement and death cert but still no closer to finding burials for either of them.

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sources of burial records Salford RD 1837 and 1847?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 02 March 21 19:23 GMT (UK) »
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 02 March 21 20:50 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Pauline.
The two I'm after predate the cemeteries act. The burial records on the council sites only cover the cemeteries and are too late.

Non con records in RG4/1061= Register of Burials at the Methodist Chapel on Brunswick Terrace in Pendleton, Lancashire from 1814 to 1837 There's an entry for a William Goulson in 1824, son of Benjamin and Hannah. I haven't found one for Hannah in that set and Benjamin is way later. 

If I could find them they would complete a set of burials covering 9 generations and almost 300 years, it's frustrating having just one missing link. 

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 03 March 21 13:07 GMT (UK) »
Can't see anything for Benjamin but I have found this non-con burial for a Hannah...

Hannah Goulson buried 19 July 1837 in the Parish of Eccles, Weslyan Methodist Chapel, Pendleton. Aged 43.

Image on FindMyPast

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 03 March 21 19:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks.

Benjamin is being a real pain, I've never found probate for him either but there's a fair amount about his work as a surgeon, patents he gained for research in other areas, his work to found early libraries long before the libraries act and dozens of post mortems he conducted. Either he died very rich or very poor, I just can't find out which or where he is laid to rest. The one missing burial in several generations the awkward so and so that he is.