Author Topic: Diary > Saturday 6th March  (Read 597 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Diary > Saturday 6th March
« on: Sunday 07 March 21 10:06 GMT (UK) »
Another of those days that just seemed to pass. Usual walk, it was cold again. Had been thinking of doing a bit of gardening but it felt too cold, I wouldn't have enjoyed it. Also the man from the house behind was up a ladder cutting the tops of the trees in their garden, it would have felt a bit awkward.

I received a letter in the post from the NHS inviting me to take part in the Covid testing research, people are randomly selected to take a Covid test which helps them trace how many asymptomatic people are in each area. I went online and signed up for it, I haven't been able to help anyone throughout all this so at least I can do my bit with this.

Looked for a frame for my picture, that wasn't really a problem but finding an appropriate mount was, the apertures are always the size of the paper which is crazy, it needs to be slightly smaller. A pastel painting also needs a double mount so that the surface doesn't touch the glass. I ended up trimming bits off the edge of a mount that was slightly too big for the frame. Then I finally was able to put away all my art materials, the kitchen table was clear for the first time in weeks.
Made some more changes to Tesco order for tomorrow.

Phoned my friend L to discuss Friday's class and we ended up having a lengthy conversation about allsorts.
Same sort of evening as always.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Saturday 6th March
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 March 21 11:14 GMT (UK) »
Roobarb
I had to have a laugh about the lengthy phone call, I have a church friend who is over 90, initially I rang her every day, she lives on her own and I was keeping my eye on her as it were, then she made a remark so I knocked it down to every few days, she then said on Friday " there isn't much to talk about" my reply was " well we have been chatting for at least 45 minutes"  so there must have been something to talk about, I will still ring her from time to time

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 March 21 11:58 GMT (UK) »
Well done Roobarb for signing up for the covid research...I got excited as I thought you were going to say you’d been invited to take your vaccination... hope it comes soon for you..
Lengthy phone calls are always nice .. it’s surprising what one can find to chat about!
Glad you’ve got all your painting things sorted and your picture framed..

LM - I suppose what your friend is saying is that perhaps she doesn’t feel the need as much to chat daily... a good sign perhaps... very thoughtful of you to call her so regularly.

Yesterday, as it is now, was another similar day to all those that have gone before over these past months!
We did go out for a walk and although I was muffled up to the eye balls it didn’t appear as cold as I first thought.. the cloud was light and the sun kept threatening to make an appearance... we did the 6 mile walk.... nothing or everything it would seem to be our choice! It did feel good to get out and we met several others enjoying the peace and quiet of the country lanes...
On returning we had a late lunch...
We had a game of scrabble which I won by a country mile so now only two behind... I think!
OH finished his jigsaw of a wolf family which has proved hard as it was all shades of icy blues, greys...it’s taken him quite some time to do!
Had a message to say my friend was back home after her op and whacked out!
For dinner I took another recipe from my GF mag... sausages cooked with onions, tin toms, paprika, bay leaves, red wine and butter beans baked in the oven and then sprinkle garlic and parsley mixed in bread crumbs over the top to finish off in the oven to crisp up... green veg to go with it... the Cumberland sausages came from the place in Scotland ..it was a very tasty dish.
Watched a film on Netflix then golf!

Another day closer to being let out for a little more freedom to see others!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 March 21 17:47 GMT (UK) »
LM, my friend and I are both the culprits of the extensive conversations we always have. We're both on out own so it's lovely to do that. In fact yesterday she commented on how lovely it is that we can talk about our art, TV programmes (pulling to bits the winner of Landscape Artist!) and books. It certainly gives me a lift.

Caroline, I could go and get my vaccination if I was prepared to take a ninety mile round trip! Unfortunately that's the nearest available at the moment but they are opening others locally next week so I hope I'll be able to bag one soon.
Good to hear you got out for a walk, great for lifting the spirits. The recipe sounds interesting, I'm not keen on butter beans but I'm sure they could be substituted with something like chick peas. I'll look it up in my currently free electronic magazine subscription.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 07 March 21 20:03 GMT (UK) »
Blimy Roobarb that’s a long way to have to go.... why so far seems crazy when I live in a far more rural area than you and I have a choice of two centres that are about 20min drive at most!
Ues, the recipe gave variations to use what ever pulses you like... with while giving it a go...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK