Author Topic: Diary > Saturday 13th March  (Read 1354 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Saturday 13th March
« Reply #9 on: Monday 15 March 21 02:43 GMT (UK) »
"Mothering, nurturing, caring and sharing love, often unconditional is for everyone; it brings love, joy and at times heartache and pain".

Thought the above was interesting, I came to the conclusion that not only mothers can share Mothering Sunday but all who nurture, care and share love

Just a thought

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 15 March 21 08:29 GMT (UK) »
Funnily enough Viktoria, H and I were just discussing the arbitrary nature of having to request on-line, or phone for a census form.

It seems rather unfair on those who do not have access to a computer, or like yourself, who is computer "literate", but just would prefer to have a paper form.

On the other hand, I suspect the majority WILL do it on-line, so sending out paper copies to everyone would be a vast, and unnecessary expense.

It does say we would incur a £1,000 fine for non compliance.....
Brave if anyone who is in a council tax or "benefits" system, and therefore easily traceable, decides to stand up to computer bureaucracy!

BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 15 March 21 09:11 GMT (UK) »
A friend of mine is complaining  to his MP about computing , he and his wife are both shielding, he can use a computer but his wife will not, the only way, he told me, that they can get help is via the computer, as has been said he not everyone wants or can use a computer and now the census, I feel another complaint to his MP

L M

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 15 March 21 10:03 GMT (UK) »
You don't have to phone for a paper form, you can order one another way  - online!! I'm not at all happy about some of the information they're asking for (mentioned in another thread) and I'm guessing that the electronic form would not let you bypass those questions or put N/A.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 15 March 21 10:38 GMT (UK) »
The electronic form has a lot of questions that are 'optional' and you don't have to reply to, I have done mine and thought that the questions you did have to answer were not too bad.  I don't think it will be that much use for Family History in 100 years time though. 

As for computing I get cross when everything has to be on facebook / twitter, I don't have an account for either so only read what is available without it.  I see that Netflix are clamping down on access to more than one household at different addresses, that won't go down too well with many.

Saturday for me was much like any other day though not my turn to walk the dog. I did sow some more flower seeds and put them in the airing cupboard to germinate.  It will soon be time to pot up the tomato plants out of the 1" pots I germinated them in where they will stay until time to plant them out or put into gro bags.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 15 March 21 10:46 GMT (UK) »
Ooooo! Mowsehowse, I am far from literate where computers are concerned!!
Am having trouble deleting hundreds of messages on my iPad!
Since getting it,I have neglected the laptop too.

I am not frightened of much but technology scares the pants off me!
My excuse is all my tablets! ::)

This will be the last census I and many others of similar age will ever hsve to fill in.
My pleasure in seeing the lovely handwriting of my grandfather on the last one available when I was doing the family tree ,was immense.
Prior to that enumerators had filled the forms  in,with glaring mistakes in many cases.

I agree that as many will fill them in online, to post to everyone would be a waste,but it is so easy to know how old people are ,(the tax man finds people with great ease!)
Not all old people struggle or don’t have one ,but I think of those who do struggle or have never even touched one, they will  mostly be among the older age group.
Viktoria,

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 15 March 21 13:45 GMT (UK) »
We  have  filled  our  cencus form  inn online, all ok, thank  goodness

After  having  blood tests I have  now  got  to  make  a Drs appt for  a call  " ring after 8am today," which  I  did, 19  people  in  front of  me, rang  4  times  and eventually  got it  down to 9 in queue, so  I  decided  to stay  online ", sorry  none  left, "  "can  I  book an appt tomorrow  or  wednesday"   "no ring  again  at  8am" join another queue  I  assume, this  worries  me, not  that  I have  anything serious but  suppose  I  have and  keep being  pushed  back , I  don't  like  this  idea  of  not  seeing  a  Dr face  to face, a  Dr  can  tell a  lot  from  a  persons  face, roll on  getting  back  to  some  sort  of normality ,  I  havent  seen  a  Dr  for  over  18 months so  I  am  not  a  time  waster.

Louisa Maud

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 15 March 21 14:45 GMT (UK) »
That sounds dreadful LM.... I wonder how long it takes to get through 19 calls!  ???

Some doctors are doing video calls..... perhaps you should enquire?
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 15 March 21 15:06 GMT (UK) »
I averaged 5  mins per  call so  it  would  have been over  an hour, I will have  to  join the  queue  at 8am tomorrow

My cholesterol is  up,  never  had  medication for it  or  diet  before  but   it is  time  I  did something about it,   I  am  not urgent, some  other poor souls  might  be,  awful state of  affairs  right  now

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London