Author Topic: Peter Heely  (Read 3273 times)

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Heely
« Reply #18 on: Friday 19 March 21 15:00 GMT (UK) »
I'll have a look at the Will, as you say, a very interesting family.

Seems there are no end of website regarding the Yeamans of Bristol - and Wikipedia - has Sir John Yeamans, 1st Baronet *1611-1674) was an English colonial adminstrator - early leader and governor of the Province of Carolina - (colour etching on Wikipedia) - born 28 February 1611 in Bristol

and one website

1610 John Yeomans and Blanche Germain; wedded June the 19th
1611 Feb 28 John the Sonne of John Yeomans
1617 April 19 - Robert the Sonne of John Yeomans Brewer 

etc.

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 19 March 21 21:57 GMT (UK) »
Good Morning Capetown, thanks for your reply to my post, I was up most of the night saving the records for Blanche Germain, especially her brother-in-law John Yeomans 1611-1674 he was knighted and moved away to make Coffee, forgotten the place now as I have downloaded the record. :-[ My eyes are so tired from this but finding out what your ancestors have accomplished in life is very exciting, take care and have a good weekend. :-[

Janet :)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 20 March 21 04:40 GMT (UK) »
Afternoon Capetown, Just downloading records thought I'd lost them for awhile, going through them and checking dates, I realize that Joane Yeoman was only 10 years old when she married Peter Hiely in 1633 their must be a mistake I think, their is a lot of names similar around this time, if its wrong this means John Yeoman and Blannche Germane isn't her parents. A lot of this is on Ancestry I will check again. :-[

Regards,
Janet :-\

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 20 March 21 14:20 GMT (UK) »
Ancestry:

Joana YEAMANS
baptism: 29 May 1823
Redcliffe, St Mary, Bristol
father: John YEAMANS

----

Genealogy.

Yeamans of Bristol (updated)

1610 - John YEOMANS and Blanche GERMAIN, wedded June the 29th (Double Germain meaning cousin german or first cousin).

---

(assume you have read the transcribed will)

(12 June 1645) - has transcribed the Will of John YEAMANS of Bristol, Brewer dated 12 June 1645.....   
which mentions his son-in-law, Peter WILEY (HILEY) 40/-

-----

? not sure when the marriage of Peter & Joane took place as yet (or whether Joane was his second wife?)  and when the first children were born.  Up to the 1929 Marriage Act UK - girls could marry at age 12 years and boys 14 years with consent.  My x grandmother was aged 14 when she married.

----

The  Will of Blanch YEOMANS - 1647 is on Ancestry

Peter Hyley is one of the Executors - and many children are mentioned including her daughter Johane HILEY - 

Blanche mentions her Sons:

George, John, Robert, Joseph, Richard & William

daughters:

Elizabeth PYETT? Mary WARREN? Mary WARREN? Patience MOORE? Sarah POPE? Martha TOMLINSON? and Johana HILEY

----

The reading is quite difficult to read and needs carefully looking at surnames etc.

So John & Blanche are the parents of Joane - who married Peter HYLEY

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 20 March 21 15:28 GMT (UK) »
Going back to Peter's Will 1675 -

One daughter her mentions is Anne HILEY - married to HAWBRIDGE

---

Bristol Wills has one for Robert HAWBRIDGE 1689

and looking on Ancestry - there are children of Anne & Robert HAWBRIDGE being christened at Bristol.

---

Checking on National Archives

Held at Bristol Archives

Dead Leading to the use of a fine to sever their estates in joint tenancy.....

TEMPLE, Real esate, Bread and other gifts.  Alice West's Charity.  etc etc.

and

Final Agreement - John & Alice West  etc etc.

----

Back reading the Bristol History - bumstead history

and under the section: John HORWOOD and the 1703 Indenture

Left-side of the 1703 Indenture (photo)

There are two parties to the agreement, on the one side, Elizabeth SKINNER, Elinor WILKES and Anne HAWKRIDGE, all described as Widows of Bristol....  etc etc.  so the 3 daughters of Peter HILEY and mentioned quite a few times this the bumstead history.

? Where Elizabeth  marry a SKINNER
? Where did Elinor  marry a WILKES
? Where die Ann(e)  marry Robert HAWKRIDGE
? Where did Joane  marry Peter HILEY

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 20 March 21 21:15 GMT (UK) »
Good Morning Capetown, thanks for your message and answering my query regarding Johane's marriage to Peter Hilley so young, I found a Yeomans Genealogy on google and where they came from all over England and different Countries and also their generations and Wills. A couple of Sir John Yeomans also, some very close to the 1st Queen Elizabeth, the reading was fabulous the parts I can read. Each Country of England also has a Crest I downloaded  it is in black and white I will look further today. One Ancestor has a complete family of Yeomans on Ancestry and he is still alive when I searched his family I discovered we are not connected and then I had doubts I don't have the proper ancestor, later I realized that I have the will of Blanch Yeoman and Peter and Johane are mentioned so I breathed a sigh of relief. Their are so many John Yeomans listed on Ancestry and their baptism dates differ so I hope I have the right one that married Blanch. They appear to be a very close family with their records etc. all the way through their generations, must close going out its still raining here. :-[
Regards,
Janet :-[

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 21 March 21 12:17 GMT (UK) »
Evening Capetown, sorry to post another message trying to find the marriage of Peter Hiley and Joane Yeomans I searched all afternoon on Google and Ancestry, other researchers have posted 1633 only Bristol Gloucestershire not much to go on. :-\ I will search tomorrow getting late here and still raining. :-[
Regards,
Janet :-\

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 21 March 21 15:11 GMT (UK) »
Can't find any baptisms of their children either, apart from Rachel, or marriages of Joan's sisters.....

? as the family seems to travel to the 'New World'  - did they at some point.

Searching on the National Archives

Date; 20 August 1647 - Held by Birmingham Archives
Counterpart of assignment of lease from Nathaniell Cole of Bristoll, Bristol.

......  to Peter Hiley of Bristoll, whitetawer, of the manor of Chellworth alias Chelworthie? Chelworth, Wilts, the manor house, messuages, land and appurtenances.

----

This seems to indicate in 1647, Peter Hiley - was living in Chelworth, Wiltshire at the Manor House.

and then on National Archives - Peter's son - who married Ann White

CHELWORTH Deeds

Manor of Chelworth, other Chelworthie, sometime belonging to the Priory of Bath, with capital and other messuages, Clerkeham Wood, and other property.  Includes settlement previous to marriage of Peter Hiley the younger, of Bristol, Merchant, and Anne daughter of John White of Bristol, merchant, 1764, deeds of exchange of lands with Dorothy Popham, 1793, and conveyance to the Earls of Galloway and Upper Ossory, 1806.

Date: 1674-1806.

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 21 March 21 21:41 GMT (UK) »
Good Morning Capetown thanks for replying to my message, I searched last night for Peter Heily's parents found that William or Willam 1550-1611 died Poole Dorset aged 61 and then his wife Ellenor Heilly (Haviland) bap. 15/12/1560 from Poole Yorkshire died 1639 age 79 Poole Dorset. :-[ I will try again and search for their baptisms in different areas of England. :-\

Regards,
Janet :'(