Author Topic: TRING Family Lookup  (Read 762 times)

Offline tringfamilysearch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
TRING Family Lookup
« on: Tuesday 16 March 21 21:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi there i am trying to find any information on the Tring family and i have managed to get to a Percival (Piercey?) Tring b. 1720 - d. Oct 1805 who was born in Leighton Buzzard. Unfortunatley i don't know the church/parish that he would be under. He was married to an Eve Steward and his parents were a John Tring and Sarah Tuley.

Any information i try to look up throws up a mulitude of results because of the surname, and most information i have found appears to be behind paywalls.

Any help is greatly appreaciated or any places i can turn to in order to find information is also appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Wood, who was your mother??
    • View Profile
Re: TRING Family Lookup
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 March 21 22:31 GMT (UK) »
I see a burial transcript (familysearch) for Pearcy TRING, buried 10 Apr 1804, Leighton Buzzard. There is a death duty register transcript (Ancestry) for Percival TRING of Leighton Buzzard, with the record (not date of death) dating 7 Oct 1805, occupation: Gardener. There is a link to the National Archives: https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/D7190194
There is a tree on Ancestry that has a few things to say about the will.

There is an original image of the marriage (5 Apr 1749, London Clandestine marriages) on Ancestry- Piercy TRING patten maker of Layton in Bedfordshire, bachelor, and Eve STEWARD, widow

On a side note, all but one member tree on Ancestry has Eve dying in 1804 (presumably all copying each other). There is a burial for an Eve TRING, wife of Percey TRING, 14 Aug 1782, Leighton Buzzard. I'm not sure at the moment where 1804 comes into it.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 March 21 08:46 GMT (UK) »
I did see mentions of him in the national archive but the wording i couldn't get behind but if there is mention in Ancestry i'll see if they have worked things out. I really want to find out William Tring who stole 7lb of lead in 1855 when he was 15 :D

I'm guessing once one person has 1804 the others go with that and then it becomes an echo chamber.

That is very interesting information, thank you for looking into it for me! Gives me a bit more to go on as i go further back.

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 17 March 21 12:21 GMT (UK) »
From the Leighton Buzzard PR transcript as produced by Beds Archives...

Burial 10 Apr 1804 "Pearcy" Tring

Beds Archives have a copy of his will in name of Percival Tring, Leighton Buzzard, gardener
Their Ref: PLBP/W1805/21
However his will is available to download from the National Archives & you can get it or free if you sign in & register. Seems he left it all to daughter Mary Tring

Burial 14 Aug 1782 Eve wife of Percy Tring

Parents marriage on 6 Jan 1723 John Tring & Sarah Tuley
However baptism register says there are no entries 1724 - 1727

Baptisms of children to Percival & Eve Tring

10 Dec 1749 Rebecca
13 Sep 1751 Edward Steward
27 Apr 1753 Mary
5 Mar 1755 William
20 Apr 1757 Thomas
8 Jul 1759 John & James

Cannot see a baptism of a Percy/Percival Tring on the Surnames Index CD produced by Beds FHS

Regards John   
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 17 March 21 13:46 GMT (UK) »
A quick Google brought up another sighting of Percival Tring this time, again from National Archives, relating to the will of Thomas Tring, the elder, of Leighton Buzzard dated 16 Nov 1759, where he leaves property to his son Thomas Tring, but if he don't want it then they go to son Percival Tring, & following on after to Percival's daughter Rebecca.

So how do you think Percival's parents were John Tring & Sarah Tuley ?

Cheers John
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 17 March 21 14:03 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the information, i did not have John and James (twins?) down so that is interesting to look into a bit more.
I may have gone down the wrong route with John and Sarah.

I did note the Will but couldn't really work out the wording. I couldn't work out if Thomas Tring was Percivals Father or Brother. So i gather from your post that Thomas WAS Percivals Brother but Percivals Father would be a Thomas Tring also.

I found a John Tring (b.1680 - d.1728) married to a Lucy Tring (b.1680) who was born in Tring, Hertfordshire. Though i may be chasing a red herring as i find searching for anyone with the surname "Tring" brings up a lot of results in Tring, Herts :D I have posted in that forum too for any help.