Author Topic: Diary > Tuesday 16th March  (Read 529 times)

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Diary > Tuesday 16th March
« on: Wednesday 17 March 21 09:24 GMT (UK) »
A wet morning turned into a sunny and mild day by afternoon. I was expecting my prescription being delivered but I can only guess at the day and have no idea of what time it will arrive, it's so frustrating. I wanted to get outside after lunch but didn't want to miss the delivery. I did some jobs while I was waiting, made changes to my Tesco order for tomorrow. I wasn't happy about being indoors when it was so nice outside, eventually I opened the back door of the garage and the front one so I'd be able to hear from the garden if anyone arrived and they would know I was around. The garden was too wet to do much but I put some of the Rudbeckia seedlings into pots, put them near to the house where it's sheltered. Taking a chance they'll survive. Also planted some nasturtium seeds.

Went to meet my friend J just after 5pm for our walk, the first thing she asked was if I've had my vaccination, she was pleased that I have an appointment. We had an enjoyable walk with the benefit that it was still quite light when we got back.

Watched the final of the Pottery Throwdown, a very worthy winner in my opinion, what fantastic skills in turning out the art deco set. I had tears in my eyes when the winner was announced. Also watched DNA Family Secrets, another interesting programme. The story of the young woman who was the child of a sperm donor was quite sad in a lot of ways, it made me think of how confusing life might be for people who have been conceived under those circumstances.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Tuesday 16th March
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 March 21 12:36 GMT (UK) »
Glad you still had an industrious day, Roobarb.  Wish I could say the same.

My day pretty much as usual although did get some washing done and have picked up my knitting again.   Forgot about the DNA programme so will watch it on catch-up.

Just praying that things move forward as stated earlier and that after March I will be able to meet with family members in garden again.

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 March 21 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Hope that does happen for you soon Annette, and some nice sunshine to go with it.  :)

Just seems to be the two of us today, the other diarists must have found something interesting to do!
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 March 21 09:02 GMT (UK) »
Or alternatively, everything is so incredibly mundane, there is absolutely nothing to say!!  :'(

(3 cruise ships at anchor.)
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.