Author Topic: please help  (Read 2058 times)

Offline tullig

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
please help
« on: Sunday 08 August 04 00:52 BST (UK) »
I am desperate to find my gt gt grandfather his name was John English and he was born in Guisborough Yorkshire 1815 he married a Maria Robinson who was also born in Guisborough 1820 I have them on the 1841 census for Guisborough and they are married but the only marriage I could find was one for a John English and a Marcher Robinson but the father's names are correct and the occupations but the marriage took place in Newcastle upon Tyne in March 1841( Maria would have been 4 months pregnant) so this may be the excuse for the name change.
Anyway they have completely disapeared after that, it says on the marriage cert that John was resident at the time in Liverpool he was a currier by trade.Any help appreciated
Tullig
Powell/Preece: Hereford.
Dyer: Somerset
Mathias: Bletherstone
Jones/Morgan: Tredegar
Nicholson/Pounder/Hastings: Hartlepool
Smith: Agbrigg/Felkirk
Haswell: Sunderland
Hayton: Cumberland

Offline MrsLizzy

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • A Woman Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: please help
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 08 August 04 11:22 BST (UK) »
My guess is the marriage entry is the correct one, just they couldn't read her first name correctly.   It's not unusual for brides to have been pregnant on marriage - several of my ancestors were! 
Connell (Mayo & Lancs 19th/20th c) Culling (Norfolk & London 19th c) Diss (Essex) Giesen (UK only 19th/20th c) Hackney (London) Henbest (Kent & Sussex) Hughes (Mayo to Burnley, Lancs & Edward, Parachute Regiment 40s, 50s) Lister (London) Maltby (Marylebone) Mayo (Glos) Nials Noquet (Huguenot) Phillips (S London) Poulain (France & London) Rayner (Halstead, Essex) Pratt (Kent & Sussex) Redfearn (London) Silk Speller (Rodings, Essex) Thompson (S London) Thurley Trundle Wade Westley