Author Topic: Diary > Saturday 20th March  (Read 2209 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Saturday 20th March
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 21 March 21 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Yes Roobarb, my daughter has just had the Astro Zeneca one and has been quite ill for three days.
She does however have  Pernicious   Anaemia too so that could be a factor.
Glad you are feeling better.

Well Flash Harry’s Mum in hospital ,chest pains ,but heart attack ruled out so a mystery.
It wil get sorted I am sure .

You have all been busy again, nice weather  here so I too have done a modest amount .
Neighbour over the lane asked if I would like some celeriac and apple soup .
I said I would certainly like to try it ,never had it before .
He is a Chef but not working at the moment,I remember him as a little boy at the school where I worked ,close by , and his wife too.
It was delicious and I must let him know.

Dullish this morning but looks to brighten up .
Got washing in so it will dry nicely .
Time was when I would not have put washing out on a Sunday !

New tablets arrived ,but it says in the blurb not to take them if you are under 60 Kg ,well at home undressed I am 58 ,but at the hospital only 56 dressed!
Either way - not supposed to take them.

Chicken breasts to cook ,one for tea ,one for freezer
.De stalked a huge bag of spinach yesterday, it will cook down to nothing .
Was going to blanch  and freeze half but on the pack it says not to reheat ,
well blanching is about two minutes but does that count?
 I will be green with big muscles if I eat it all today.

Reading through some back numbers of the “ History “ magazine, someone had sent a letter asking who would we least like to be in lockdown with ?
Not neccesarily alive today.
There have been/ are many I could put on my list so I must think about it.

Look after yourselves .
Viktoria.
PS , I have hundreds of posts on my iPad from RootsChat and try as I might can’t get rid of them.
Is it possible ?

Online Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 21 March 21 13:00 GMT (UK) »
Viktoria
Sorry to hear your daughter has been so poorly after her vaccine and also sorry to hear about Flash Harry’s mother. It must all be very worrying. And the worry about your tablets.

The soup sounds delicious. I like soup and used to make a lot. Last year whilst shielding, well I’m still shielded this year, my food processor died. In the couple of months I was allowed out I got a new one. Unlike my old one that you could use left or right handed, this one is set up for right handed people so I have to turn it around and be a bit of a contortionist! Soup making has sadly declined!

I realise you probably want fresh spinach but I discovered that Iceland does bags of blocks of frozen spinach. It tastes fine. I’m sure your spinach would be OK frozen.

My day
Can’t think I did anything much yesterday worth writing about on here! It was a very dull day with mizzling rain. I did go a short walk and had a takeaway coffee! Roll on the 1st April!

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 21 March 21 13:36 GMT (UK) »
 ;D "It must be the Northerner in me coming out MH, the tendency to call a spade a b****y shovel!"

That was one of my mother's favourite observations..... perhaps she learned it in Scotland, as I am not aware she ever visited the Frozen North of England.

Sorry about FH's Mum Viktoria, hope she is fully recovered again... so worrying!
Also, rotten your daughter being so poorly with the vaccine.... (I suffered quite enough that first night,) I do wonder what it hinges upon... why some people are really rough with it, and others not troubled at all.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 21 March 21 17:57 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, my daughter phones me every Monday without fail ,we are on the phone for hours!I get all the news.

I will know more then .
I’ll not bother her now.
The soup was very nice .
I think I will chop the spinach very small and flash it in the pan with butter and nutmeg .
I used to buy frozen spinach in Belgium ,a block already very finely chopped -,two minutes and done .

A woman passed along the lane today,she and I exchange pleasantries .
Today she said “ I think I am supposed to do a census or something today”.
I asked had she got a form,”No” ,well I told her ,it would have to be done online then, she was not sure if they owned a computer or not ——
I said if she phoned today at least it would perhaps be recorded she had applied for a form,but in any case we all had letters some weeks ago telling us we needed to fill in the census either online or request a form and do it that way.
She had no knowledge of any letter.
But she got upset a few weeks back saying how difficult her husband was being .
A garbled story ,so perhaps some dementia as she is in her seventies yet said they had only been married a few months!
She is lovely ,anyway I gave her the phone number.
My form came yesterday,but I was worried that more than a week had elapsed and it had not come so capitulated and did the #&£&##&& thing online!

Curried chicken and rice for tea, and a chicken and leek casserole for later in the week,or the freezer.
Just thought , Might do eggs Florentine tomorrow with the flipping spinach!

Washing back in and airing on the maiden / clothes horse .
Smells of fresh air.

Number two son phoned ,they had been to the  a white Horse at Uffington.
He forgot we had been years ago.
It seems there are thoughts it is not a horse but a sabre toothed tiger.

Well, Thankyou all again ,it is a worry , Flash Harry’s Mum is lovely, she has done a good job with him.
Take care everyone ,hasn’t the diary been a godsend!
We should send Roobarb a prize ,any suggestions,.
The dafter the better.
I will look out for something that can see round corners so her nasty neighbour cannot catch Roobarb unawares !
Cheerio.Viktoria.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 21 March 21 17:58 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your good wishes Viktoria, I haven't actually been feeling unwell, my comment about feeling more positive was just on a general basis of looking towards the future. I'm very sorry to hear that your daughter has been so poorly, hope she's soon feeling better. Hope the hospital soon solves the mystery of FH's mum's pains.

Gibel, I had no idea that food processors were set up that way, what a shame it's made things so difficult for you. Hope your weather has been better today.

;D "It must be the Northerner in me coming out MH, the tendency to call a spade a b****y shovel!"

That was one of my mother's favourite observations..... perhaps she learned it in Scotland, as I am not aware she ever visited the Frozen North of England.

Maybe just didn't admit to it.  :) ;D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 21 March 21 18:02 GMT (UK) »
Pleased to hear you think I should have a prize Viktoria, although I'm not sure why!  ;D
NN was lurking around yesterday when my friend was sorting out stuff in my garage, she was watering some plants in the front garden with a watering can, the soil is already absolutely sopping! Obviously desperate to see and hear what was going on!
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 21 March 21 20:33 GMT (UK) »
Mentioning  food  processors  , I  had  a  K******  one for years, 2  years ago  I  bought  myself a  different make, have  used  it twice, it sounds like concorde and in fact  I am  frightened of the  thing,  I  think  I  should  have  returned it  and complained

Louisa  Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 21 March 21 23:09 GMT (UK) »
Good to hear Roobarb that you’ve not felt any side effects....

Viktoria- very sorry to hear about FH’s mum do hope they’re able to get to the bottom of what went wrong...
Also your daughter hope she’s feeling better after her experience with the jab..

Gibel - I had no idea that electric gadgets were so difficult to use when you’re left handed! Well done for persevering though!

Ruskie - a friend gave me a lemon grass plant and I left it in the ground for too long and it died 😢I’ve not dared tell her though as I should have done what she said and I didn’t! When we were in Singapore I had fresh lemon grass in water as a drink it was devine... supermarket ones although fresh not quite the same!

MH and Roobarb- I’ve read Eleanor Oliphant too and enjoyed it... shan’t bother with the other one as neither of you seemed to enjoy it!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 21 March 21 23:13 GMT (UK) »
Well,folks a mystery,
My household code in the letter informing me I must fill in the Census for  my  household ,the code was one thing.
As the paper one had not come  by the time the post usually arrives on Saturday I did do it online .The letter came later,well lunchtime that morning .
The code for my household is totally different  in the paper one.——?
I really feel like being a devil and sending the paper one as well!
There may be a logical explanation ,but if I get sent to prison for anything to do with this will you all stick up for me and say I have been exhibiting signs of madness for a good while?  ;D
Viktoria.
Caroline, I killed a Spider plant my friend in Wales sent me.
I bought another so I could photograph it and let her know I had looked after it!
That too died,I mean it takes a lot to kill a spider plant but I managed it .Twice!
I must get another though.
It was she who sent the Rudbeckia which is six feet high when fully grown in the summer.The stems are tough and as good as canes ,so I save them.
Life is not fair, there was a spider plant in a house window for years,it was never watered I am sure and I passed the house when I went shopping .
I bet I watered mine too much.
Ah well, get another asap and send a photograph.
My friend’s us down to the floor almost in her conservatory.
Viktoria.