Author Topic: Diary > Wednesday 24th March  (Read 1077 times)

Online DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Wednesday 24th March
« Reply #9 on: Friday 26 March 21 00:17 GMT (UK) »
I am glad to hear that people in the UK are getting their vaccinations, too bad about Europe, but it’s not the people we wish ill, but the politicians do seem to get in the way at times.  Just saw a joke where a doctor was asked about how Covid should be handled and he answers, “Why ask me, I’m just a doctor, not a politician!”
On tonight’s news they said cases are creeping up in Ontario again, so we might be back into more restrictions.  Hospitality industry will not be pleased.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Wednesday 24th March
« Reply #10 on: Friday 26 March 21 02:03 GMT (UK) »
Good to hear from you Diana... I was only thinking about you the other day... 20C how lovely although according to our forecast we should reach 18C on Tuesday... somewhere in the UK...
it’s interesting to hear how other countries are getting along or not with vaccine roll outs... of course the EU have thrown their toys out of the pram because we’re doing well and we’re organised getting our orders in whilst they were thinking about it, holding lots of meetings about it etc, etc! Now they’ve got egg on their faces and it’s our fault 😤😤... and they’ve now going into another lockdown and it’s yet again tge British variant that’s the problem!.... sorry I’m on me soap box here... I’ll shut up and go away... need to book Wimpole Hall for Friday next week and slots available after midnight... see you soon...

Caroline

Europe are whinging about sending the vaccine here Caroline. A couple of weeks ago Italy stopped some shipments to Australia. I didn’t think little old Italy had that much power.  ;D

We’ve started to produce our own AZ vaccine anyway so won’t have to rely on imports. PNG is still a worry with a lot of cases so I presume we are still directing some of our doses to them.