Author Topic: william verling / verlin  (Read 1300 times)

Offline cathieee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: william verling / verlin
« Reply #9 on: Friday 29 October 21 00:39 BST (UK) »
hi yes i have an original record for his 1 st marriage, it says father william-waterman on it, just got the second marriage, and the death, though the age is about 15 years out as he was born in 1834 :O, also on his 2 nd marriage it says its to an ellen mahony but the only census i can find 1901 it says wife mary ??, and the son on his death cert says john but he s not on the census, also it says patrick was a shoe maker which he was nt he was a sailor, is that the census you mean ??, thanks for all this btw :) ps should just say that if the 2 nd marriage to ellen is the right one, his dad will was alive in 1863 but dead by the time he remarried in 1874, so that narrows it down a bit :)

just been looking up verling deaths between 1860 and 1880 but no deaths for a william, i wish you could just go through the whole lot yourself on that irishgeniologie sight, i ve found loads of records by going through the whole book on other sites that have not been transcribed :(

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 29 October 21 06:24 BST (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 29 October 21 06:41 BST (UK) »
Here is a death for William Verling (not yours) in 1934. The informant is brother, John and he has the same address in Newtown so presumably he is Patrick’s son.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1934/04836/4304067.pdf
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cathieee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 30 October 21 00:53 BST (UK) »
hi thanks for all that, i ve got their births now too, 4 brothers to pat v and ellen maloney,i know at least 2 never married, not sure if daniel born 1875 married a catherine cook in wales in 1920 as i ve got him being dischaned in 1918 through injury in wales with the same service number as other naval records that give his birth and birth town on them,i have directory records for him in wales up to 1927 and then theres a death in ireland in 1928 on ancestry but does nt come up on the irish site and gives no info ?? i can t find a marriage or a definate death for their older 1/2 sister mary daughter of catherine enright though, sad to think theres no children for any of them :( , thanks again

ps have just found 2 children in wales ellen 1921 and john p 1925, bet the p stands for patrick :), the line goes on lol