Author Topic: Diary - Thursday 25th March  (Read 752 times)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Diary - Thursday 25th March
« on: Friday 26 March 21 08:01 GMT (UK) »
As no one else has started I’ll put my day up!

Up fairly early to get ready for a big morning out.... having a mammogram! OH came with me as the venue is a mobile site in the large car park of a Tesco’s supermarket... it’s been there a long time and is tucked round the back...
It only took us about 30 minutes to get there. OH popped in to buy some wine whilst I went to be squashed!
Met at the door asked a few questions, health etc and did I need a chaperone.... I know they have to ask but it did make me laugh...
given one of their blue facing coverings.. although the person who spoke to me said she thought mine was much nicer! ( it’s a winter scene with little skiers on it... must change it for a more spring like one now). Stood and waited outside until previous person came out the other door at the end of the building. After a few minutes I was admitted... friendly chatty operative.
All went as it should and I was back outside after a short time. Last one I’ll have but I can phone in three years time and request one... but I’m going to join their ongoing monitoring at Addenbrokes hospital...
once home had much needed coffee as we were gasping...
FaceTimed a friend whose 70th birthday it was... lovely to see them and we had a good chat and said we’d look forward to meeting up soon at NT place..
Got some washing out as weather was reasonable..
After lunch OH got his old kit on to continue putting up the barge boards...
I refined my shopping list for Saturdays delivery...
Phoned my friend M hoping she wasn’t at work... she wasn’t ...had just got back from the garden centre and was just about to call me to show me what she’d bought with the garden vouchers we’d given her....
Next daughter FaceTimed me to talk about meeting up decided we’d go to Wimpole Hall and I was going to stay up to book our tickets at just passed midnight, she’s doing hers early in the morning ... so fingers crossed we both manage it!
Out into the garden and planted my sweet pea seeds into 7 cardboard toilet roll inners and gave them a water and stood them on a tray in the shed...
Our tomatoes plants, which are on the window ledge in the bathroom are coming on well..need pricking out and repotting.....
Garden fence beginning to take shape and just need boarding now... OH going to have a rest for a few days and start that next week...
I got great news message from friend up the lane whose hubbie had his 1st jab on 21st January .. just had a text to book his 2nd and going on 7th April... as OH had his first on 23rd January he will hopefully hear soon too 🤞🤞.
Dinner was minted lamb chump chops with mushrooms, new pots, green vegs.
Watched tv... Masterchef last lot of people to go to quarter finals ... then quarter finals... some good cooks with interesting ideas..
Stayed up to book NT tickets for Friday next week and managed to get times we wanted... so exciting to think we’ll be ableto see them all in the flesh and spend a day with them... even if it is only outside! Roll on next Friday it can’t come soon enough!
Retired feeling very happy...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Thursday 25th March
« Reply #1 on: Friday 26 March 21 09:37 GMT (UK) »
Pleased to hear all was straightforward with your mammogram Caroline, not a particularly pleasant experience but certainly worthwhile. Good to have contact with your friends and your daughter. Well done on getting the tickets for your meeting, not long to wait! Keep us posted on the progress of your sweet peas.  :)

This was my day:

Another lovely spring day. Walked round to post my census return then looped back round towards the woods. I hadn't been down the narrow path for months as it was too muddy, I decided today was the day. Some of the vegetation is different from the other part of the woods, part of the path seemed wider, I think perhaps some pruning has been done. There's been a lot of natural damage caused by the winter throughout the woods, branches down and even small trees in some cases. Just nature I suppose. Doubled back at the end, it was very quiet through there, encountered one man coming from the opposite direction on my return. Walked through the main part of the woods, around the field and home.

After lunch I went to the nurseries, just for a change of scenery really. I'm growing some sea holly from seed but I think I should have started them earlier, I saw that the nurseries had bigger plants so I bought one. Also bought lettuce seeds and parsley. I always enjoy the fresh lettuce I've grown previously and as I eat a lot of fish I thought I'd have a go at growing my own parsley.
Spent the rest of the afternoon in the garden, put some nasturtium seeds in a hanging basket, although it's not a basket, it's a plastic container. Hung it from the fence. Planted the eryngium (sea holly), did a bit more rearranging in the garage. My ultrasonic cat scarer wasn't working so I changed the batteries but it seems like it's packed up. Had a look online later for a new one, there are lots of solar operated ones but I don't think I want one of those - if there's not enough sunshine they presumably won't work. Must get one soon though, as the birds are nesting now.

Had a phone call from my friend A, she was telling me about the work she is going to get done in her garden although it won't be till late in the year. We were having a laugh about the mischief we used to get up to, I feel like I'm so boring these days.

Had some prepared chicken for tea, it was lurking at the back of the freezer. Nothing much to report after that, felt really tired again when I got in bed, can't blame the wine as I didn't have any. Out like a light.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 March 21 14:31 GMT (UK) »
Pretty good day weatherwise - lots of sunshine but wind got up a bit late afternoon.

I was invited by my niece to visit and see the twins for real!   Ummed and aaad and then thought 'sod it' I will.   Suitably sanitised and masked I held them for the first time.   Have no words to explain the feeling.   They are both so beautiful and will be 5 months old on 1st April.   Still seem tiny for their age but to be expected.   Niece says they haven't been weighed lately so not sure what Macy (the larger twin) weighs now but Darcy was 8lbs when last weighed (compared to birth weight of 2lb.10ozs).  Luckily for me both girls were awake - talked to them with their big blue eyes staring at me and got lots of smiles from them both.   Magical moments.

A couple of days before I'd ordered some clothes for when they are bigger and on another site I saw a dress with matching leggings - dress looks like it has a bolero on top but it's part of the dress.   Wasn't sure if my niece would like it (she's very fussy when it comes to fashion) but she viewed it online and loved it so ordered 2 when I got home.   Plus I'm knitting again so one way or another they are taking up a lot of my time.

As a whole family we promised ourselves a belated Christmas dinner at my nephews probably in June/July when we can meet up in garden.

Nothing much else to report - hope I can get to a nursery next week to get some plants and get my outside pots in order.

Dull and overcast right now and just started raining - windy too.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 26 March 21 20:02 GMT (UK) »
How lovely for you to be able to hold the babies Annette, that must have brought you such joy. I hope you can soon see them again and give them their new outfits.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 26 March 21 20:52 GMT (UK) »
Hope all is well Caroline, it is unpleasant but a good thing in the long run.

How lovely to hold the babies ,I was worried when they were born, ,they were so tiny and premature.

I can’t imagine you getting into scrapes Roobarb!

I have some of the perennial sweet pea seeds ,promised my neighbours some.
I must get a nice trellis ,to match what I have,willow,

Cleaned all the bathroom .
Son brought my fresh shopping ,a big pack of chicken breasts so will make Chicken Archiduc ,two portions and two mushroom sauce portions so need cream from milk lady.
Son brought some pears today so might poach them in red wine with cinnamon sticks ,so will use up the cream with those.

Such a lovely day,so bright .

Son has spoken with  Consultant  who is doubtful his pains and problems are from his heart.So what next not sure.

Grand daughter emailed today ,some more treatment and then to
Addenbrooks to see what they suggest as the best move forward.

Guess what - two Census forms have come! ::)

Well going to watch Churchill, should be good.

I have a new History Magazine with a hard crossword for bedtime ,it can come out of quarantine now.

Hope all are well and your families too.
Cheerio for now.
Viktoria.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 26 March 21 23:54 GMT (UK) »
Roobarb - busy as usual... nice to walk-in places you’ve not been to for a while too..
I quite fancy a trip out to a nursery ... we said we’d buy another fruit tree... probably a plum as we both like them... will be needing some shrubs to plant where the new fence is..not sure what yet but starting with something tallish at the back and shorter near the front... think some plants we already have can get split so will see..

Annette - how wonderful for you to finally be able to hold and cuddle the twins... I can imagine how you felt... worth the wait I’m sure.. hopefully many more opportunities in the coming months... hard to believe they're already  five months old... where has that time gone..

Viktoria- once again you’ve been busy! You never fail to amaze me what you manage to do in a day!
Hope the hospital are able to get to the bottom of your sons problems also your granddaughter....
We recorded Churchill but not watched it yet..

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 27 March 21 02:13 GMT (UK) »
Just realised my maths. has gone to pot - the twins are 4 months not five!  Born 1st December.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk