Author Topic: Diary > Saturday 27th March  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Diary > Saturday 27th March
« on: Sunday 28 March 21 11:42 BST (UK) »
Came to Rootschat this morning to find it had crashed.  :'( Pleased to see it's now back to normal, as no-one has beaten me to it here's my less than exciting diary for Saturday:

Tesco delivery day today, arrived half an hour early again, no problem with that. When I'd put it all away I went for a walk as I wasn't hungry for lunch. It was bright and sunny at that point but there was a cold wind, more noticeable in the woods. Had more of an appetite when I got home.

Received a census reminder in the post and a bit later a man from the ONS knocked on the door, I told him I'd posted my census return on Monday although when I thought about it later I realised it was Tuesday when I posted it.

Was thinking of doing some work in the garden, it had been quite pleasant when I hung the washing out in the sunshine but by 2pm it was cloudy and quite chilly. Instead I did some cleaning in the house, I would have much preferred gardening. Made a roast dinner later with the chicken I'd had delivered.
Was feeling a bit depressed all day, probably as a result of having had only four hours sleep the night before. Watched an episode of Doc Martin, thought it might cheer me up but it wasn't one of the funny episodes. Early lights out as I was so tired.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Saturday 27th March
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 March 21 14:29 BST (UK) »
Sorry to hear you've been down Roobarb.  :( I'm sure lack of sleep makes the humdrum days even less bearable. I hope you can get out into the garden tomorrow.

Nothing much to report here. A bit of a kerfuffle about a couple of cases of coronavirus in the community. It amazes me how many places people go to in a day. They are all named so that anyone who visited them in the same time frame as the infected person can get tested or monitor for symptoms. It seems to be related to another case, a doctor,  a couple of weeks ago. I don't think this one will come to much.

Weather not too bad - still quite hot but I think overall the temperatures are dropping at last.

Went with my daughter to take her dog to the vet. Annual injections and organising a referral to a doggy dermatologist. She has ongoing skin issues, so will be getting tested to see what she is allergic to - my guess is grass seeds.

A brief trip to the supermarket. I hate going on Saturday as it is always busier, but I was early enough to miss the worst of it.

Watched "From There to Here" starring Philip Glenister. Enjoyed it but some parts quite uncomfortable to watch.  :)

Added: Yes, there were ootschat error messages for me too.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 March 21 16:12 BST (UK) »
You know, just realised Saturday was so very memorable, ...... I've absolutely no ide what I did! Oh dear!
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 28 March 21 16:17 BST (UK) »
You know, just realised Saturday was so very memorable, ...... I've absolutely no ide what I did! Oh dear!
TY

I spent most of the day thinking it was Sunday and wondered what had happened to the Archers  :-\

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 28 March 21 16:46 BST (UK) »
I've been wondering what happened to the "Archers" for months now!
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 28 March 21 17:34 BST (UK) »
Can't say I'd have any idea of when the Archers is on but it does sound like Saturday was rather a non day all round.

Ruskie, that must be really uncomfortable for your daughter's dog, especially if the cause is as you suspect. No further mention of her getting more dogs? Hope the Covid outbreak is short lived.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 28 March 21 17:40 BST (UK) »
Ooooh! Ruskie, Philip Glenister , Gene in “Life  on Mars “.

“ Fire up the Quatro!”
Some of his one liners were hilarious.

Well G.Grand son phoned last night and they will be up next weekend,we can meet outside for a little while .
FH will have so many Easter eggs I don’t know what to get him.

His best friend at school  has not settled back very well, HC has tried but to
no avail, however that means FH is widening his circle .

Watching Catherine Cookson’s “ The Cinder Path“.

Had my main meal but full up so will save dessert until later.
Very late up today, and only an hour lost !

Got some additions to my Tesco delivery next Friday,just realised I am having my second vaccine then,must check Tesco’s time and change if  it is possible.

Such rain today and more tomorrow.

Hope you feel better Roobarb , it is odd what can affect us isn’t it.
We have all done very well I feel.

Nothing much to report , except there is a silly jingle on Classic FM and a short film on TV,about going left on the motorway!
I am assuming it means the new type with no hard shoulder.
See ,people knew there would be problems.!

Well,a cuppa calls, well it will when I have made it .
Cheerio .
Look after yourselves.
Viktoria.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 29 March 21 00:04 BST (UK) »
Coming very late to this post... all the confusion with the site being down this morning.... my how we’ve all missed it... just goes to show what a great one it is and all for FREE!

Roobarb- I’m sorry to hear you were feeling down .... it’s hard to keep motivated I know only too well!

Ruskie - hope the cases turn out to be sorted quickly and don’t cause to many problems...
Hope the dog gets sorted sounds like you know the problem!

Viktoria - Life on Mars.... loved that series and Philip Glenister is quite a dish... or perhaps it was the car... 😀😀
Delighted to hear you’re finally going to see FH and family... bet you can’t wait...
hope you sorted your shopping delivery ... don’t want to miss your second jab!

My day wasn’t very exciting either apart from one notable event.... OH got his text message inviting him for his second jab so without further ado he booked it and will be going on 9th April.... hopefully I’ll hear next week about mine as I’m about a week behind him....
my shopping was delivered in the morning... my that wind was chilly when I opened the door!
After dealing with it in the usual way I sat and read the paper that I get free and did the crossword...
I’ve managed to take advantage of Amazon’s audio books offer for the sum of .99p for three months ... a book a month so I downloaded the book for book club as I’ve not been able to obtain it from the library and didn’t really want to pay a large sum for it...
OH went out to stake up the corners of his raised beds with off cut from the arris rails.. not Alice rails as I called them... and mowed the back lawns..
I have to say I had a lazy day and listened to the audio book which I’m enjoying..
OH cooked dinner and we watched usual tv..
Had a late message from our friends up the lane inviting us for lunch in the garden on Tuesday... the weathers supposed to be nice so lovely to have something to look forward to..

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 29 March 21 09:28 BST (UK) »
Viktoria and Caroline, lovely to have plans to meet family and friends, hope the weather is kind to you.  :)
Fingers crossed that you get your appointment soon Caroline.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham