Author Topic: Diary > Saturday 27th March  (Read 1258 times)

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Saturday 27th March
« Reply #9 on: Monday 29 March 21 23:56 BST (UK) »
Thankyou Roobarb.
Well you have all been so kind about the horse,it is really good news, he has perked up so much, there is some shoulder problem but it seems another horse was constantly rearing and coming down on my daughter’s horse’s shoulder,well withers .
He must have been sore and bruised on that side ,especially the withers .
He was compensating by limiting his neck movements ,so not turning his head when asked to turn etc.
Much has come out since he was moved , people who live near the original stables have spoken with my daughter and said about one horse rearing etc.,and landing on other horses ‘ withers when the horses were out in the paddock.
His neck especially just at the back of his head ,was traumatised as his head was bent right back to curve his throat when he had an operation on the hyoid bone I think .

But he has improved so much since the move ,he hopefully will have a good few more years in good health.

Yes it will be good to see them, I hope they come late Saturday or Sunday as I will have FH’s Easter eggs then.Tesco’s delivery Saturday 1-5.
I have some plastic eggs that open and some little yellow chicks .
I can fill the eggs with a mixture of chucks and eggs.

He will have so many,ooh ! Yes!I have books too.

Can’t hug him or get my knees strangled though !
Never mind ,things are getting better.

Hope you are all well , I am .

A dull morning turned into a crisp sunny afternoon , did some batch cooking for freezer, and got out ingredients for some spice buns from the old BeRo flour recipe book ,like a rich  scone with spice and candied peel as well as dried fruit.I put a marzipan cross on top and they are lovely split and buttered.
No news really so thank you for all yours .
The Captain Sir Tom roses came today,but so dry, I am concerned .I will phone tomorrow to mention it ,they may be OK but phoning will register my concern.
They were advertised as “ bare rooted “ ,but the branches are very dry and wrinkled .
Well off to put the kitchen to bed,a last cuppa then up the Molly dancers to
BoBo land ,in other words up the stairs to bed.
Viktoria.

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 29 March 21 23:58 BST (UK) »
Our big thing today is to realise that we are allowed to go further than our own town. We haven't done as yet, but just knowing it makes it so much better.
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 30 March 21 00:16 BST (UK) »
A little taste of freedom Trystan.  :) Hope you enjoy it when you do venture out.

Viktoria, that's really good news about your daughter's horse, thank goodness she moved him. I bet you can't wait to see FH and give him his presents.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 30 March 21 01:43 BST (UK) »
Viktoria- so pleased to hear your daughters horse is much improved, it must have been such a worry for her... sounds like the rearing horse at the other stables needed more care take so it didn’t damage others... at least now he’s on the mend and everyone can relax more easily.

I’m hoping for some keg hugs on Friday... although my eldest grandson is probably at nearly 8 a little large... you should be ok for that.... outside and you wearing a face covering...
Good luck with your second jab... is it tomorrow ( Tuesday)...
Sorry to hear your rose is looking a little dried up, hopefully it will come to life once planted... what colour will the flowers be?

Take care glad to hear you’re feeling better too..

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 30 March 21 13:10 BST (UK) »
It is the Captain Sir Tom Rose,a vibrant red ,bred to commemorate his wonderful spirit and the £40 million he raised .
From “ You Garden”,a reliable mail order garden catalogue .
I will phone as they need to know , it was sold out so a little delay.
It does say bare rooted ,and open immediately but no instructions at all.

Yes some unpleasant things are coming to light re the previous stables which were excellent up to a relatively short  time ago.
 The  thing is had my daughter not got her AI qualification she would not have had the knowledge to realise the subtle changes physically .
Anyone would have seen the great change in demeanour .
So all seems to be well now.
Thanks for your kind interest.

Just making yellow Pom poms for on the bush just coming into leaf ,just  so FH can look at them ,they will look like chicks.

A lovely bright day but chilly .

The hyacinths which were supposed to be pink but came up white are gradually changing ,do look pink now but delicate ,not the vibrant pink on the label,,but great big blooms ,also the blue and white  and  a rogue yellow!
Tulips coming  on too.I mustn’t have lifted them all, popping up all over the place,I am not complaining .

Must go through my seeds , and start them off.
Loads of Nasturtiums, Aquiligia , Perennial sweet peas and some wild flowers from the lane,
Well a cuppa calls then some garden work ,must remember to put sun block on my nose where the little odd spot was .
Check for vine weevil, found a beetle the other day!
So cheerio ,nice to hear from you all.

Viktoria.