Author Topic: Balkans postcard  (Read 1225 times)

Offline emjayf

• RootsChat Member
  • Photo is 2020 me. Got fed up with my old silly one
    • View Profile
Re: Balkans postcard
« Reply #9 on: Monday 05 April 21 14:04 BST (UK) »
Medal Card for John G

The image is not showing to me? Looks like a broken link?

Cheers
MJ
Fouldes.<br />Any area where our family are.  My branch started around Derbyshire, Nott's and Yorkshire.  We ended up in South Lincolnshire!  So yay!  Course any area with Fouldes in would help!  See my family tree below for what gaps I have!  Cheers!

Would also like to see any Beaumont's from Sheffield as I have lots of family photos & can't identify them!!

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 05 April 21 14:07 BST (UK) »
The answer to your query is on page 1. Best to stick to one man per post to avoid confusion.
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline ALAMO2008

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 05 April 21 14:15 BST (UK) »
His Medal Index Card shows no 1914/ 1915 date of Embarkation hence no entitlement to 1914 / 1915 Star
The link to Wiki on page 1 shows the Regiment went to France first in 1916 then to Salonika
ShaunJ link to his Attestation papers shows he went to Salonika on 1 September 1916 as previously stated on page 1
CHAPMAN ROBINSON McKAY O'MALLEY

Offline emjayf

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 05 April 21 15:34 BST (UK) »
The answer to your query is on page 1. Best to stick to one man per post to avoid confusion.

Whoops yes I missed that small post amongst all the others!  Thank you!

MJ
Fouldes.<br />Any area where our family are.  My branch started around Derbyshire, Nott's and Yorkshire.  We ended up in South Lincolnshire!  So yay!  Course any area with Fouldes in would help!  See my family tree below for what gaps I have!  Cheers!

Would also like to see any Beaumont's from Sheffield as I have lots of family photos & can't identify them!!

Offline emjayf

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 05 April 21 21:42 BST (UK) »
As an addition I have this photo of John Gibson Fouldes, no date. It is a postcard photo to his wife.

On the other side he says:
"Dear Wife, I have sent you photo. Best we could get. Hope you are having some good weather. From your husband Jack"

Lovely to have his handwriting.

Sadly no postage mark so it was probably in an envelope or something.
I think he is at the back (second left). I wonder who the other chaps are. There must be a family out there who also have this photo, or have no idea this exists!

Cheers
MJ