Author Topic: David Noel, Merchant Navy  (Read 224 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
David Noel, Merchant Navy
« on: Wednesday 07 April 21 21:08 BST (UK) »
Hello,

David was christened in St. Martin, Jersey, in 1821. He married Ann Eliza Moore in St. Helier in 1844, and she died in 1849. He was living with his parents Francois and Magdelaine Noel in St. Martin in 1851, and I can’t find him after that point, nor his children; his son David died in 1849, while in 1851 his daughter Ann was with her aunt Marie Moore in St. Helier and his other daughter Betsy or Elizabeth was with him and his parents. Ann married Louis Le Cronier in St. Helier in 1870.

However, today I found this on FamilySearch for a Jerseyman named David Noel in the Merchant Navy born in around 1821: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KC3S-JMH

David was listed as a mariner in 1851, and I believe for his marriage too. Would anyone be able to help me with his Merchant Navy records?

I’d appreciate any help!

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline seaweed

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll see you one day in Fiddlers Green.
    • View Profile
Re: David Noel, Merchant Navy
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 April 21 22:34 BST (UK) »
Have you searched the Merchant Navy records from FindMyPast?
https://search.findmypast.com/search-world-Records/britain-merchant-seamen-1835-1857
Also available from TNA Kew.
Assuming his records have survived.These records can sometimes be difficult to interpret. If you have a query make a further post.
No register of merchant seamen was kept from 1857 until 1913. Also search Deaths at sea.

Dim ateb yn well nag ateb anghywir. Nid oes dim yn ddall fel rhai nad ydynt yn dymuno gweld

RIP Roger 10 August 2022