Author Topic: Diary > Monday 12th April  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Monday 12th April
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 14 April 21 10:26 BST (UK) »
Hi RTL.
How lovely to have a hair appointment AND a date to see your family.
The knock on from the pandemic is enormous, sadly, and I don't think the effects will diminish any time soon. Multiplied on a global scale and I too am thankful for most of my own family and friends getting through relatively unscathed.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 14 April 21 10:59 BST (UK) »
Yes, I can't wait to see my family again - this is the best  thing to happen in a long while! :D. And with a new haircut I might look reasonably presentable too. ;)
I agree that the effects of this pandemic won't diminish soon .. I think we just have to keep counting our blessings for what we do have .. especially that we still have life when so many have perished globally.
I will be off to work soon .. it will be interesting to see how full the buses will be.  Hopefully it will be alright as I will not be travelling through rush hour times.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 14 April 21 12:11 BST (UK) »
Oh goodness, I need a haircut too ;D it looks like I'm almost from a 70s Rock Band  ;D and have one booked for next week. They tell me I've been going there for 30 years.

Just been shopping, fortunately we got there about 10am as we have done throughout (except when missing the odd week), good job, as they are hardly letting in many at once and saw queuing outside as we left.

Just had a Guinness Draught (back on the water now, I'm allowed the odd one  :P ) purely medicinal of course ;) and Got Gerry Rafferty and Baker Street playing, with the sun shining through the back windows  :D

Regarding ironing, most stuff doesn't seem to need ironing.

Lots of washing though, but it won't wash out the Swedish ointment I'm having to apply for a nasty skin rash affliction, which started during a short illness over a year ago and became worse after being bitten several times by insects in the garden last Summer. I've been having my blood tested every 2 weeks in the last two months. A Blood Sciences Doctor has also stopped the prescribed skin medication, because 1 in 10,000 get a severe reaction and advised me to go back to the Ointment, so relief from the pain now at least!

Take care, Mark

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 14 April 21 17:07 BST (UK) »
RTL, there's me grousing about feeling tired, I can hardly imagine how it must be for you feeling so exhausted all the time. Pleased to hear about all the good things that happened for you on Monday, great to be get an appointment to have your hair done and enjoying your library visit so much. Lovely to have a date to look forward to when you'll be able to see your family.  I hope the increase in the bus service works well for you.

Mark, you're painting quite a picture of your current hairdo.  :D They do say that Guinness is good for you, I'm sure you'll have enjoyed it. As for the ironing, I think that rather depends on who you ask.  ;) ;D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales