Author Topic: Unkles families  (Read 2351 times)

Offline lmgnz

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Unkles families
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 14 August 22 15:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Helen

Yes these Sligo families did often have connections in previous generations so I have traced back along the families of some of the spouses of my family. My gt grandfather William Livingston was from the parish of Killoran but his mother Mary Wallace was from Easky and I have been in contact with the owner of one of the Sherlock trees about our Easky connections.

I think the James Sherlock (died 2008) who married Patricia (Patsy) Unkles was the son of Henry Sherlock who I happen to have in my tree. I just dod not have James in that family but both the Sherlock trees I looked at do have James. The hint for his tombstone that came up when I added him shows that he lived at Stonehall. I have that Sherlock line back to Henry's parents Thomas Sherlock and Elizabeth Brett. I have Wallace/Brett connections and Clarke/Brett connections.

When my parents visited Skreen in 1982 the vicar told my mother that she was probably related to most of the people buried there. My Livingston gt grandparents are buried at Skreen next to the 2x gt Clarkes.  Bob Livingston returned to Sligo from the US when he retired in the 70s and both he and  and his sister Mabel are also buried at Skreen.

Offline lmgnz

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Unkles families
« Reply #19 on: Monday 15 August 22 02:11 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sinaan for the confirmation that Molly belongs to the family of John Oswald Unkles where I have placed. My grandfather was also an Oswald (Livington).

I have also contacted a Dorran tree owner to see if she can confirm the 1940 photos are the same Molly.

I hope the two siblings I named were deceased, as otherwise I would expect not to be able to see their names in the trees I viewed. However a paternal aunt has just turned 98 so I know not to assume someone in their late 90s is no longer living.